Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Change is good...

Our Daily Bread
Yes, we shall all be changed.  I am looking forward to that.  I am not one of those gay guys that laments losing my youth and good looks.  I keep pushing forward and loving who I am at any age!  Do I wish some things were different?  Yes.  I wish I were in better health.  I wish I had hair.  I wish it wasn't so hard for me to keep my weigh down. I wish I wasn't diabetic.  These are minor inconveniences!  I am so very thankful for all the many things that are good in my life.  Very, very thankful.

Do I know where the road before me ends up?  No.  What does it matter as long as God is leading?  I need to focus on letting God lead.  Being in tune to his leadership and not my own selfish desires. 

This is my prayer for you as well.  ;-)

Lord, thank you for your love and your leadership.

Wild, wild Wednesday
I had no idea what else to call this day.  hehehe  I will talk about interesting stuff happening in my life in regards to church and other things.  I want to talk about my prayer group this week.

I missed the first two weeks of our six week prayer group experience.  OK, maybe it was only supposed to be five weeks.  I forget.  I digress.  hehehe  The group  had several folks that I had been in other groups with.  It was nice to have some familiar faces.  There was one person that I had not met at all.  One other person that I knew, but had not shared a small group experience. 

We ran the group like many of the other small groups -- sharing of ourselves and working on prayer for each other.  That was cool.  I was used to that from my other small group experiences.  I cannot go into details into the things we talked about or our exercises, but I can tell you that God used this group to help me move through some issues I have been dealing with.  It was the right thing at the right time.  Isn't our God great!?! 

We decided that we want to continue meeting once a month this summer, then decide what to do next (continue meeting or not and what format to use).  I am sure God will continue to use this group in all of our lives.

Other Stuff
I had dinner with my walking buddy and her husband last night.  I always enjoy that very much.  Her husband is at a distinct disadvantage because my walking buddy and I talk about stuff during our walks.  Her husband doesn't get to hear all of these conversations so I always looked surprised when he asks me something that she and I have talked about!  The poor guy!  I am very thankful for having them in my life. 

I have free nights Wednesday and Thursday.  Whew.  I had a good time after returning from San Diego, but have been busy every night.  I will relax these nights.  I have a busy weekend planned.  If it ever stops raining, I have some work around the house to do as well!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment