Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oh boy....

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today is based on Ephesians 5.  Oh noooooo!  We discussed this passage briefly in my D2 class.  There were only two of us in the class (out of 14) that believed there was a role for "being submissive" in a relationship!  It was an interesting conversation to say the least.  One person said that he had a hard time even clicking the Submit button on an online form!  I teased him that we wouldn't get into the whole "submit to God" topic for his sake!  hehehe

I reworded the more accepted parts of the passage that each person should honor and cherish their significant other.  It is difficult to do that at all times.  We have all had times when our significant other is the last person on earth we want to spend time with!

The important point is that we need to submit to God.  The other stuff will fall into place!

Lord, I want to submit to you.  I also want to be willing to submit to my better half when needed!

Witness Wednesday
I will talk about my college days when I have time to write more.  It was a great time in my life.  I am having a very busy week at work.  It is wearing me out!

Other Stuff
I took my hero out for her birthday last night.  We had a nice dinner and, of course, Jeni's Splendid ice cream!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment