Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You're the only Jesus....

Our Daily Bread
A Contemporary Christian song once said "You're the only Jesus some will ever see".  Wow!  That is a lot of responsibility!

I think we would get more folks in church and having a relationship with God if we did just want the devotional mentioned -- come and see!  Bring folks in.  Let them be around us -- the imperfect and humble servants of God.  Bring them in!

Lord, I want to bring folks to you -- not push them away!

Vacation Update
Woohoooooo!  I had a great vacation in San Diego over the weekend.  I could not believe how many things there were to do and see.  I just scraped the tip of the ice berg!  Here is a quick summary of my activities.

Thursday:  I arrived about noon Pacific time.  The hotel was nice, though pretty old.  I was able to check in early.  I started looking around and found a trolley tour leaving in a few minutes.  The tour gave me a great overview of the main sights of the city.  I would then decide which ones warranted more attention.  I spent a little while in Old Towne since it was Cinco de Mayo!  The place was hopping in the afternoon!  I rested for a little while then got ready to meet the San /Diego Bears at Salazar's for dinner.  I met up with about 7 guys, all of whom were very nice.  We had a nice dinner.


Friday: I visited the USS Midway in the morning.  I had never seen anything like that before!  I then jumped on the trolley tour again so I could spend some time on Coronado Island.  Very, very cool place.  I got back from the island in the early evening then got ready for the Padres game.  Petco Park is amazing.  Very nice ballpark.  I left the game after the seventh inning with the Padres up 4-0.  The Diamondbacks roared back only to lose in the 11th inning!

Saturday: I went to the San Diego Zoo.  Another WOW!  Very nice zoo.  The pandas were adorable!  One of the SD Bears picked me up and gave me a ride to the bears' Cinco de Mayo party on Saturday night.  I met some more of the club.  Very nice guys.

Sunday:  The weather was supposed to be crappy on Sunday, so I rented a car and drove to LA for the Renaissance Faire!  It was incredible!  I had a great time looking around the huge faire.  I have to admit that I was very tired when I got back to the hotel Sunday night.

Monday:  I slept in and got ready to leave.  Heavy sigh.  I had easy flights back home.  It was warmer in Columbus than in San Diego, so it was time to go home!  ;-)

I am looking forward to returning to SD soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment