Monday, May 2, 2011

The two biggies...

Sorry I missed my posting yesterday!  I had a busy weekend!

Our Daily Bread
I often tell friends or acquaintances who ask about the Bible and its complexity "the two biggies": love God and love others.  It is that simple -- oh yeah, like those are simple!

My biggest problem with these two most important commandments is the second one.  Where do you draw the line between loving others and being taken advantage of?  I have been dealing with this a lot the past few months as some folks I let close to me hurt me on purpose.  What I learned is that we can love and forgive others without putting ourselves in a place to continuously get abused.  I have some acquaintances that know they can call me if they are in the hospital or are really in need of help.  I will not make time for them or go out of my way to spend time with them otherwise because they are not willing to make me a priority or help me when I need it.  That is the line.  A healthy mix of loving and protecting yourself. 

Lord, I want to love like you love.  I want to put you first in my life.  Those are my two "biggies..."


Movie Monday
I got to see two new movies this week: Fast Five and Dylan Dogg: Dead of Night.

Fast Five
I think this was the best installment of the series since the first movie!  I really liked it.  It would have been better if Vin Diesel took his shirt off, but it was exciting nonetheless!  Lots of action and things blowing up.  The story line is pretty cool as well.  It is unbelievable and feasible all at the same time!  Lots of fun.

I give it three bear paws!  See this one at the theater so you can see everything on the large screen.

Dylan Dogg: Dead of Night
This is a vampire/werewolf movie based on a comic book series.  Dylan Dogg is the "go between" for humans and the non-human worlds.  His interest in his work becomes even more relevant when his best friend gets turned into a zombie.  The move is very cute.  A nice mix of horror and action and comedy. 

I give this one two bear paws.  Very cute  You can see this one on video.

Other Stuff
I validated that I am not a pet owner kind of person this weekend.  While I love my "nieces and nephews"" known as the pets of family and friends, I do not want one of my own.  That might change if I marry a man with a pet or two.  I will have to think about that one.  ;-p  I had a good time watching my hero's dog.  I don't really want to build my life around a dog at home.  Hmmm.  Oh well.

I helped my walking buddy show a house yesterday.  I had a good time.  She said I was a big help.  I was glad to help her.

I was a little down when the weekend started.  God made it clear to me that I have no reason to be down.  He sent me several encouraging words, devotions and songs throughout the weekend.  It was amazing.  God is in control.  He knows my needs and the desires of my heart.  I am so thankful for having the Creator of the universe in my life.  Talk about not being an ordinary life!

Looking forward to my trip this weekend.  I finished most of my packing last night.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment