Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Living a Godly life...

Our Daily Bread
Once again the daily devotional hit the nail on the head.  I have been thinking a lot about living a Godly life.  I try to do so, but I really, really suck at it.

I don't love well enough.  Well, maybe I should say I don't love in the right way.  I give too much of myself when I love others.  That is not always good.  You have to save something in the tank for yourself -- sort of like gas in a car.  It won't go if there is no gas!

I don't resist temptation enough.  Sometimes I think I deserve some guilty pleasures because of all I have been through in my life.  Then I read the Bible.  I look around me.  I have more blessings that anyone can count.  I don't deserve any guilty pleasures.  I don't need to sin to be happier.  I need to obey and be a better child of God to be happier.

So what is your story?  Be all you can be in the Lord!

Lord, I have the desire, but not always the discipline and stamina to do all the things I want or need to do.  


Witness Wednesday
I decided to write about my earlier life for a while on Wednesdays since the last topic failed so miserably!  I will give an account of my life from my point of view, mainly focusing on my Christian life.  I will see how this goes.  ;-)

I first attended church at the Baptist church across from my Grandmother's house as a child.  I visited my grandmother a lot, so I attended there several times per year.  My mom and dad did not attend church at that time.  I remember one special Sunday morning when we were talking about salvation.  It all made sense to me as the Holy Spirit spoke to me.  I accepted Christ as my savior at the tender age of 8.  I started attending church wherever I could until my family caught on.  ;-)  A close friend at school was a PK (preacher's kid), so I managed to catch a ride to his church.  My family started attending church when I was 10.  It was nice going to church together and being an active family.

Next week: my teenage years...

Other Stuff
I had a nice dinner with my buddy last night.  We had a good chat.  I also got a few things done around the house.  I have to admit that I did some shopping.  I usually buy new shoes in the spring if my old ones are worn out.  I bought two pair last night.  The latest shoe buying spree should last me for quite a while!  I also ordered a cheap tablet/ereader from BB&B.  I got a great deal on it.  I wanted something cheap that I wouldn't mind losing or breaking on a trip.  My iPad has lots of sentimental value!

I am making snacks for the prayer group tonight.  I will rush home after work to get that done.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment