Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flame broiled...

Our Daily Bread
Do you remember the "fire and brimstone" sermons from your childhood?  Did they scare you?  I have heard many stories about children being so scared by the sermons they did all kinds of things.  Run to a family friend and express concern about their eternal destination.  Cry themselves to sleep because they were too afraid that God would take them in their sleep and they wouldn't seen their mom and dad ever again.  I had one niece that expressed concern for me because her minister said that gays would never go to heaven.  Nice.

What do I believe?  I thought about this a lot the past few months after reviewing my beliefs in a Bible study class.  I do believe that there is a heaven and a hell.  I believe that we get to heaven based on God's grace if we accept it.  There are no works we can do to earn entry into heaven.  Hell is an awful place that is not filled with interesting people or endless debauchery.  It is a place of damnation and suffering.

Where will  you go when you die?  If you have not already, please accept God's grace and forgiveness.  Each person needs God's grace regardless of how good or bad a person you are.  ;-)

Lord, thank you for your grace.  Help each of us accept it each and every day.

Teaching Tuesday
I promise to read more and write more on this topic.  I have several books lined up to read.  I am partially through one book and need to finish it before I move on to others.  I guess I need to cut back on the movies.



Other Stuff
I saw three movies last week (four if you count Memorial Day).  I saw Kung Fu Panda 2 (twice), The Beaver and The Hangover 2.

The Beaver
Bizarre movie.  Well acted.  Very odd.

Kung Fu Panda 2
Very cute movie.  Similar to the first one, but with more action and eternal truths.  ;-)

The Hangover 2
Very much like the first except set in Thailand.  Like the first one, the funny parts are gut busting, the rest  not so much...

I had a nice cookout on Sunday.  I love these guys.

I had a nice visit with my Mom on Monday.  We did a lot of stuff.  She went home this morning.

Hang in there,my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment