Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Hidden" sin

Our Daily Bread
I spoke with my best friend last week about one of my hidden sins. Don't get your hopes up.  I am not going to post it on my blog!  ;-p  Let's just say that this hidden sin may not be wrong for everyone, but God has been convicting me of it.  It seems the scripture passages about putting all sinful nature aside and being as pure as humanly possible have been jumping out at my everywhere!  Yikes!

I am working on it.  I might write about it some day.  Probably not...  ha!

All of my foolishness is a lead in to the point of the devotional. No sin stays hidden!  You can bet on that!  Death, taxes and hidden sins being made public!

One sad example is the formerly beloved coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, Jim Tressel.  I hate the fact that his sins were made so embarrassingly public and humiliating.  Imagine one or all of your sins being made so public!  It will be worse than that when we are judged by God!  Yikes!

Lord, I want to be as pure and holy as I can be.  I know I have a long way to go.

Witness Wednesday
I mentioned last week that I would write about my college days,  I thought they were amazing even though I started a year later than my original plan.  Yes, I usually have a plan!  My plan for my life was to get my bachelor's degree in church music, then on to my masters and doctorate before the age of 30.  I planned to be a PhD, married and at least one child by that age!  Yikes, how plans change!

I started college at Campbellsville College (now Campbellsville University) on my 19th birthday.  I was very, very homesick until I started meeting some folks at the dorm.  I settled in very quickly.  As most freshmen do, I committed to too many activities and not enough studying my first semester.  I almost lost my President's scholarship, but managed to bring my grades up the rest of my college career.  The second semester started a two year journey with the Campbellsville College Singers, the singing group that traveled around representing the college.  I loved this time in school even though it was very busy traveling many weekends and throughout the summers.  My third summer I went to summer school to recover from a brief change of majors from church music to psychology, so I had a few classes to make up.  I graduated on time with honors.

What did I learn in college?  Wow!  I had friends from all over the world and the USA.  I worked in churches all over the midwest.  I sang and sang and sang.  It was great.  I also started talking about my sexuality.  I remember writing about being a "bisexual who preferred women" in my Christian Love and Sexuality class.  Whoa!  The professor said I need to get those thoughts out of my head immediately!  I had one sexual encounter with a man when I was in college.  I wanted some more but was too afraid to try anything with the guys I was attracted to.

After all the preacher boys that dragged out of drinking binges or helped them study to get their grades up, most of them turned their backs on me when they found out I am gay.  That was disappointing.  On the bright side, I discovered at least a dozen folks that also "came out" after college.  It was cool...

Next week--- my 20's.

Other Stuff
I was busy getting stuff cleaned up around the house last night.  I finished cleaning up from the cookout and from Mom's visit.  I also took the stuff back downstairs.

I got a kick out of the new nickname for my dining room -- the banquet hall!  hehehe  I like that...

I also rode my recumbent bike.  I must lose weight so I can fit into the multitude of pants in my closet.  I don't want to buy any more fat pants.  Heavy sigh...  I can do this.  I ate better during the day.  I can do this.  Yes, I can.  I am the little train that could lose weight, yes I am.... hehehe

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment