Friday, June 10, 2011

Eaarrrnnnn it....

Our Daily Bread
I remember an old commercial for an investment firm.  "We get our money the old fashioned way -- we eeeeaaarrrrrrrnnnnnn it".  hehehe  The grace of God and our charge to tell others is not like that.  There is no way we can earn it or ever be worthy to serve our King.

Hmmmmm.  I wonder what people really think about that last statement "ever be worthy to serve our King".  I k now I have been thinking a lot about this lately as I deal with some deep rooted self-esteem issues in some parts of my life.  Those of you that know me realize that my self-esteem in general is very good (maybe too good...).  Like everyone, there are some areas that I am not as confident.  I discovered after talking to my therapist that part of the reason is the long-held thought that "I am not worthy" has spread too far in my psyche.  There is a difference in being humble about your relationship with God and recognizing our place in this world and universe vs being downtrodden or not worthy of being loved by anyone because of the sinner you are inside!  Does this make sense?  God wants us to be whole, humble people.  I hope I made this clear and didn't muck it up too much!

But I digress...  As I mentioned a few other times the past month or two, we have the HONOR of serving God.  It is not a title that we can earn or one that we should boast about.  Tell others.  Don't hide your light under a bushel!

Lord, thank you for the honor of serving you.  I want to do a better job of it.  Also, thank you fory our healing power and for making me whole.

Foodie Friday
I am going to two potlucks this weekend.  I plan to make two of my potato recipes.  Here are the links to the recipes from previous postings:

Twice Baked potato salad

Hash brown casserole

Other Stuff
I was TIRED when I got home last night.  I took a short nap, then did some reading.  I fixed supper and watched a movie.  It was an old one...

I am working at home today and then resting.  I have to work part of the night.  Whew.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment