Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I know, I know....

Our Daily Bread
The Lord tells us in the first part of the scripture "your ways are not my ways..."  I know my ways are not the Lord's ways, I embarrassed to say! 

So how does a person who is a borderline perfectionist really be a good child of God without driving himself/herself crazy?  I finally figured out the answer recently -- relying on and trusting in the grace of God!  Accepting your humanness even though you know it is not the way you should act.  You are not perfect, but God is pleased with you because you are trying your best to please him.  Whenever you feel down about not doing as well as what you want, please remember God saying t his to you:
<>, you are my child in whom in I am well pleased...

It makes a big difference in my day!

Please understand that no matter how serious I sound or if I sound "down" while discussing my spiritual development, I am thrilled that God is working in my life.  He is giving me a quiet, confident joy that I need to be a better child of God.  I wish the same for you!

Lord, thank you for your love and patience.  I want to do my best to please you for the honor of serving you.

Witness Wednesday
I will write more on this topic next week - my 30's.  In short, I came waaayyyy out of the closet and a few years later, I found my only long term relationship (so far...)  ;-)

Other Stuff
I had a nice dinner with friends last night.  We had good food, good conversation and listened to the Illuminati concert CD.  Fun times.

Attending a work function for Pride tonight.  I love going to Level!

My walking buddy invited me to a Pride party on Friday night.  That should be festive.

I hope the weather report changes.  It is supposed to rain in Columbus on Saturday.  No one can rain on our parade!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment