Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What a whiner...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today is about suffering for Christ.  Personally, I don't really suffer that much.  I just sort of whine about being inconvenienced!  It is true!  Most of suffering I have endured in my life is due to my own sins or genetics.  That is not real suffering as far as I am concerned!

So what is true suffering?  I think it is a relative thing for each person.  What one person calls suffering is what someone else would call a day in the park!  The challenge is to be supportive of all people in whatever phase they are in or whatever suffering they are in.  Loving and caring them no matter what, regardless of how you see their suffering compared to yours.  Don't compare!

Lord, thank you for being with  me regardless of the circumstances...

Training Tuesday
I am working on my plans for this Fall.  I was asked to be "on team" for the mens' Emmaus Walk in September.  We start meetings the last weekend in July.  Please be in prayer for me about that.  I will be praying about it as well.  I am a little concerned about a possible issue, but I think it will be fine.

I also talked to our assistant minister about teaching a class or two at church.  She asked me about one of the classes.  I suggested the other one.  I am supposed to meet with her this week to work out the schedule.  I am so excited!

I also contacted a training company about a possible class that culminates in a certification.  I will see about that as well.  I need to make time for singing this Fall.  I will figure that out as well.  Should be a great year!

Other Stuff
I ran some errands last night, then did some stuff around the house.  I finished laundry and got packed for my Chicago trip.  I am feeling better as my hormone implant is starting to work.  I am thankful!

I am following the road to the next big thing.  I don't know where it will end, but I know God is leading.  Wow!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment