Monday, June 6, 2011

It should be no surprise...

Our Daily Bread
It should be no surprise that "hard times" come our way, but they usually are.  Losing a job.  Getting the diagnosis of a disease at the doctor's office.  The end of a relationship.  Stuff happens.

The devotional today talks about getting over the surprise quickly so we can rely on God sooner to help us deal with the hard times!  I don't know about you, but I usually wallow in self-pity for a while!  That is just human nature, I guess!  Part of being a child of God is to put aside human nature and become more like Jesus.  I really suck at this part...  I am very sorry to admit.

Lord, I want to be less selfish and insecure so I can be a better beacon for you!

Movie Monday
I saw th4 movie Xmen: First Class on Saturday morning.  Despite some difficulty with the projector in theater 17, I finally got to see the movie in theater 15 an hour later.  The best part is that I got a free movie pass for the inconvenience!  Woohooooo!  But I digress...

The movie was very good.  I enjoyed the background on how the Xmen got started.  How the different factions were started.  How the school was setup initially.  It was cool.  The action was good, though not overwhelming with CGI.  I liked the story line.  Ithought the movie could have been a little shorter, but it held my attention most of the time.

I give this movie three bear paws.  See it in the movie theater.  Some of the scenes are great on the big screen.

Other Stuff

God taught me some stuff about myself the past few weeks.  Too many times I approach things from a position of selfishness and insecurity.  I am not always that way, but I am way too much.  I tried to move away from that position last night when I attended a baseball game with some friends.  There was a guy there that had a mutual attraction.  The problem is that he was with a good friend of mine (sort of with him, it was a little odd...).   Instead of pursuing the guy, I backed off and allowed my friend to spend time with the guy.  It was an interesting evening.

I had an unexpected lunch with some folks from my prayer group yesterday afternoon.  I stopped in Oodles of Noodles for lunch and found them there.  It was a nice surprise.  We are still getting to know each other so spending time together is cool.

I am almost done with my latest book!  This one has taken me a long time to plow through.  I should finish the last chapter tonight.  It will be a little too hot to work in the yard tonight.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment