Thursday, June 16, 2011

Jesus come to my rescue...

Our Daily Bread
The is a contemporary Christian song about Jesus coming to our rescue.  The first few times I heard it I didn't like the message.  It sounded like the only time the singer called on Jesus was when he needed rescue!  Really?  Seriously?

Then I started thinking about my own life.  I dwell on the opposite side of the spectrum.  I try to do things on my own too much.  I leaned the hard way that there are some things that I cannot do on my own.  I messed up friendships that would have worked, in some small way, if I had given them over to God and put myself aside.  I still struggle with how much "put up with" from friends that obviously don't have my best interests or feelings in mind.  I have cut off friendships for that reason with the hopes that they can be reconciled.  Some have been.  Some have not.  My goal is to do better.  I be more loving, but still protect myself from being abused or taken advantage of.  It is difficult to cut someone out of your life when you care about them.

God wants to be in our lives and flow through our lives.  Let him...

Lord, thank you for rescuing me from the ordinary human life of sin and lust.  Please help me be more like you.

Technology Thursday
There is not much going on right now.  It is sort of boring.  Cloud this.  Cloud that.  New phones.  4G.  LTE HSPA+.  Mergers.  New gaming consoles that really don't measure up.  Every major computer manufacturer conjuring up a tablet computer of some kind.  Microsoft trying to figure out what the heck to do with Windows 8.  Whew.... Blah, blah, blah.  All of this has been going on the past few months. 

I will list out some interesting stuff here when it actually happens again...  ;-)

Other Stuff
I had a nice time at the Nationwide Pride kickoff social last night.  We had a nice time at Level.  Many thanks to Tony, the cute bartender, for taking care of this old bear. 

I forgot to take my allergy medicine yesterday.  I didn't realize it until I dragged into the house after eating supper at Level.  I wondered why I felt so odd.  I feel better today.

Going to do stuff around the house tonight.  I will have a busy weekend with the Pride holiday. 

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment