Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here comes the Son!

Our Daily Bread
Doo, doo, doo, doooooo, Here comes the Son!  Yes, that is a little silly.  I don't know about you, but I don't think about the second coming of Jesus that much.  It has been said for thousands of years "this could be the day!".  There was even a date advertised by some religious sects recently -- May 21 -- as THE day!  Yikes!

I like the thought of remembering that Christ will come.  We are not exactly sure what will happen.  There are some sketchy details that ministers like to expound on with possibilities.  We will just have to wait and see.  I know that drives some folks crazy! 

What should we do?  IMHO, we should keep on doing what we know is right.  Loving God, loving others and trying to brings God's will to earth like it is in heaven.  We can do this as long as we live or until Jesus returns!

Lord, help me to look to the skies, but not forget what is on the ground!

Technology Thursday
There is a lot more talk about hackers and viruses than ever before.  It appears that hackers are getting "hacked off" and more active than ever.  They are coming up with new ways to attach almost every type of computing device, including phones and online services.  Here are some tips:
1. Don't open emails from folks or companies that you do not know.  There are some viruses that can infect your computer if you just open it or even preview it.  Be careful.
2. Use and keep updated an antivirus and antimalware software solution.  I use the Microsoft Security Center solution, which is free from Microsoft.  The updates come down with my Windows updates.  It is seemless and works pretty well. There are some other free alternatives or you can pay for AV/AM software if you like.
3. Change your passwords regularly on important sites like banking or credit card sites.  Also change  your password regularly on any sites that  store your credit card information. 
4. Use more sophisticated passwords than your birthday, pets names, childrens names, etc...  Those can be easily hacked.  The password should be at least eight characters long.  It should include letters, numbers and special characters like ^&*( (for example). 

Other news
Apple has their WWDC next week (World Wide Developers Conference).  I checked out the preliminary agenda.  There are no planned hardware announcements.  They plan to announce new software and OS developments.  Still should be interesting.  I was hoping for the new iPhone announcement....

Other Stuff
I got a few things done around the house last night and then did some reading.  I decided that I can't see another movie until I finish this one book that has been lingering around my house for a few months now.  ;-p  I will finish it because I want to see the new XMen movie this weekend!

I am thinking about driving to Cincinnati this weekend for the mens chorus concert.  I will figure that out tonight.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment