Monday, June 27, 2011

Legacy...

Our Daily Bread
I was talking to a friend last week about "legacy", what will folks think and say about me after I die.  Good friend?  Weirdo?  Overachiever?  Fat, bald, overweight gay guy?  Faithful Christian?

The scripture passage gave the recommendation of a faithful worker sent to assist the folks at Philippi.  What a glowing recommendation!  Very cool!

I hope folks can say something like that about me!

Lord, I want to leave a legacy that makes you proud that I am your child...

Movie Monday
I went crazy with the movies this week.  I saw five...  I know.  I need a life.  hehehe  I didn't feel well, so movies were easy to do for me.  Here we go...

Midnight in Paris
I didn't realize this was a Woody Allen film when a friend told me about it.  I like it very much.  You will like it too if you like his earlier movies.  Owen Wilson played a character similar to what Woody Allen played in earlier films.  It was interesting.  The plot was Wilson's character would be picked up by an old limo at the strike of midnight.  The rest of the night was spend in his "golden era" with his literary and artistic heros.  It was very interesting.

I give this movie 3 bear paws.  You can rent this one.

Cars 2
Cars 2 was adorable.  I think I liked it more than the first one.  I tried not to think about the reviews or how much sense the whole cars thing really meant.  The characters were funny and more charming.  The story line was interesting.  It wasn't all about the race car this time.  I saw it in 3D.  It was nice.

I give this movie 2 bear paws.  See it at the theater.

Bad Teacher
OH, my, Bad, bad bad teacher!  There were some very funny parts in this movie.  If you are a teacher, you will probably think "That sooooo can't happen" then laugh your butt off!  hehehe

I give this movie 2 bear paws.

Mr Poppers Penguins
Very, very cute movie!  Very odd movie, but very cute. Take the kids.  They will love it.

I give this movie 2 bear paws.

Other Stuff
I rested at home last night and then took a walk in the pleasant evening.  It was nice walking outside.  I also did a little laundry and some reading.  Nice day.

I am planning my trip to Chicago next weekend.  I am staying in the Schaumberg area, which I enjoy.  I will figure out what I want to do when I get there.  I am thinking about going to the Taste of Chicago, see the art museum and maybe see some fireworks.  I will write about it, I am sure...

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment