Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lack of focus...

Our Daily Bread
I was at the movie theater a few weeks ago (go figure...).  When the movie came on, the projector was out of focus.  How frustrating was that?  We finally got in touch with the theater folks to fix the issue.  The movie was much more enjoyable when it was in focus!

Our lives are sort of like that movie.  God tries to get through to us that our lives are out of focus.  It can be frustrating for him to watch the movies of our lives this way!  If we listen to the Holy Spirit, it can help us focus our lives so they are much more enjoyable to watch for God and for us!

I need to confess that I have been out of focus.  I have put some things in front of my relationship with God.  My life movie has not been as enjoyable to watch (or play a part in) as what it should be.  Thank God that the Spirit has gotten through to me.  I am doing my best to get and retain focus.  I know God will meet my needs.  I know God loves me no matter what.  I (we) need to live in focus and do what we can to serve Him.

Lord, I don't want my life movie to look like a 3D movie with the glasses off!  I want it to be an Oscar winner for you!

Special edition - Columbus Pride Holiday
I had an interesting (errrr, wet) time last night.  I got caught in the nasty story that pummeled downtown Columbus between 4 - 5 pm.  It cleared up towards 5:00 and was very nice for a few hours.  Most of the stuff in the CUB booth dried out.  We had a nice few hours during my time volunteering.

I went to a party with my walking buddy afterwards.  It was interesting.  Some of the folks were nice.  Some not so much.  I had a nice time.  It was good to spend some time with my walking buddy after not walking with her for a few weeks.  She will be out of town next week as well.  I told her husband that I would sit with him at church on Sunday.

Off to the parade and festival now.  It should be a fun day, even if the rain doesn't hold off until tonight.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment