Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our minds play tricks on us...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional sounded like the person who wrote it followed me around this week!  God has been purifying my mind and heart as I asked.  It has not been easy for me to be upbeat and steady.  Whew!  When I asked God for some help, he gave it to me.  It was not the exact way I had in mind (or what I wanted), but it was exactly what I needed.  Praise God!

So many times the things that seem to assail us are of our own design.  Yikes!  I had never thought of it that way until today.  Ever felt like you lost something that you never had in the first place?  Weird!  Ever think yor lost something and tore the house apart looking for it?  I do this sometimes only to find the thing staring me in the face on my desk!  It is hard getting old!  heheeh

My point is that we we truly strive to give things over to God, these things start to fade away.  Yes, you will still have them.  No, they will not be as bad because you know how to give them over to God now.  It is like taking zinc.  If you take it at the first signs of a cold, your cold will clear up much faster!  Turning things over to God at the first sign of these issues will help you recover much faster as well! 

Here is part of Psalm 13 that I really liked:
Psalm 13
5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
   my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the LORD’s praise,
   for he has been good to me.

Lord, thank you for all you do for me and for all of us.  Please help me turn over all of my life to you.

Technology Thursday
Apple made some announcements this week at their developer conference.  There is a new version of the Mac OS coming out.  There is a new version of the iOS (iPhone, Touch and iPad OS) and some new services.

The iCloud service could be cool.  Apple is responding to a new service that Google is offering where people can store their music online and share it to different devices.  iTunes folks can put their purchases there and pull them down whenever they want, including when a device crashes.  There used to be a "only download a song once" rule on iTunes.  If you lost the song somehow, you had to purchase it again.  Yikes!

There is also a lot of new phone releases as vendors try to get the jump on the new iPhone that is supposed to be announced this Fall.  The new Android phones on Verizon look very cool.  The new Android phones on ATT look cool too, but they can't take advantage of LTE since ATT doesn't support it yet!  Hmmm.  Oh well.  We will see how things work out.  I am eligible for a new phone upgrade this month.  I want to wait for the new iPhone.  I will see how patient I can be...  <>

Other Stuff
I had a nice dinner at Applebees and hung out for a  while.  I had to work late too.  Been a busy week.

Going to dinner at my walking buddy's house tonight.  That is always fun.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment