Monday, June 13, 2011

Direct line from the source!

Our Daily Bread
Isn't it refreshing that we have a direct line of grace straight from the manufacturer!  No middle man!  hehehe

Yes, God is our direct line.  I liked the reference to the "being flexible" especially during traumatic times like the earthquake to the oil line.  Trusting God in all situations is the key to that flexibility!

I have to admit that I had a traumatic time last night.  I have been praying and praying about a situation in my life.  The book I am reading gave me some insights yesterday afternoon, so I was trying to be sensitive to what the Holy Spirit was trying to tell me.  The answer I received later last night hurt me terribly.  I guess I needed to hear it and finally understand it.  I am not sure I reacted the best way.  I thought I had been flexible and relying on the Lord (using the terms in the devotional), but things didn't work out.  I am moving on.  There are times when some situations or people are like a consistent diet of fast food -- they are just not healthy for you.  I finally realized that I am not Superman or SuperChristian.  I am just me.  There are some things that are not about how much faith you have or about how good you are.  There is free will on the part of each person.  I thank God for the answer to my question.  I praise God for his healing.  I beg the Holy Spirit for more strength.  My world has been rocked enough the past few years.  I will be fine.  This is an answer to prayer.  Answers are not always easy or what we want to hear.

Lord, I thank you and praise you for discernment.  Thank you for your leadership.  Please forgive me for not being more loving and accepting of where people are.

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Super 8 on Sunday.  It was an interesting flick.  It had some "coming of age" content and some sci-fi content.  It all sort of flowed together pretty well.  There was at least one completely unbelievable scene that almost ruined the movie for me, but I got over it.  In short, the movie is about some kids who witness a train wreck.  An alien creature gets loose and causes havoc in the area.  Lots of nice story lines.  I think you will like it.

I give it two bear paws.  See it at the theater.  There are some neat scenes on the big screen.

Other Stuff
I had a nice time with my dinner group last night.  I really like this group of folks!

If you noticed above, I had a tough time last night.  I ended a friendship with someone that I care about very much.  The relationship was not healthy for me.  I have not been able to find a safe zone for this friendship, so I ended it.  I don't think the person will even care, which is one of the reasons that I didn't feel that bad.  The relationship could have been so much more, but nooooooo!  I thank God for helping me get over this and for moving on.  There are some people that you just can't have a close friendship with.  I am not the kind of person that has only shallow relationships.  I am not built that way...

My prayer group is not meeting tonight.  I suggested we have an email only group.  We have trouble scheduling a face to face meeting over and over.  I don't have time for that.  Oh well.

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady (as best as I can today).  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment