Friday, June 24, 2011

Accept whatever comes your way...

Our Daily Bread
I hadn't heard the translation of the chapter I read from Job from today's devotional.  I loved Job 2:10.  Should we accept only good from God and not trouble (or adversity)?  Wow!  I know I get pretty picky sometimes about what I want to accept from God!  Oooohhhhh nooooo, I don't want no bad news!  heheehe

It is difficult at times when God is working in your life.  Not just working through troubles, but explaining to your friends what is going on.  God asked me to give up some things in my life.  My friends have no clue why.  "That is OK.  It is not wrong to do "  I respond: "No it is not wrong, however God asked me to give this up for a while.  Sort of a mid-year Lent to help me build my stamina and determination with spiritual things.  I am no Job, but I know what adversity is like.  I want to work through the adversity in my life by trusting God more.  I want to help others through their adversity by being supportive and not judgmental (like Job's wife).  

Is there adversity in your life?  The answer is "yes" if you are human!  How are you dealing with it?

God, thank you for being with me during good times and during adversity.  

Foodie Friday
So the recipe this week is a favorite of mine, but it seems to gross out a lot of my friends -- liver and onions.  I love liver and onions when it is made correctly meaning not tough!  I think the key is getting the liver at a store with better than average meat, preferably fresh instead of frozen.  The type of onion affects the taste as well.  I prefer yellow onions.

2 pounds beef liver
2 large yellow onions, chopped
spices to taste: sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
flour
olive oil

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until hot.  Add the chopped onions, stirring frequently.  Cook down until they are clear.  Put some flour on a plate or cutting board and roll the liver in the flour until coated evenly.  I prefer to sprinkle the seasoning on the liver when it is cooking instead of adding it to the flour.  It is your choice.  Add the flour-coated liver to the frying pan.  Season to taste.  Brown the liver on both sides, then turn down the heat and cover.  Cook for about 10 minutes.

Serve with good old mashed potatoes and green beans.  You can also add mushrooms to the mix as well and top the mushrooms and onions with two slices of bacon (like Mimi's Cafe).  Mmmmm!  FYI, if you really hate liver you can make this recipe with ground chuck patties.

Other Stuff
Not sure what I want to do tonight.  A part of me wants to go a concert at ComFest and then go to Exile to help out with the last Bear Camp bar night.  Another part of me wants to see Cars 2 and then go home and go to bed.  I hope the new testosterone implants kick in soon.  I could use the energy and the metabolism boost!  I had them installed yesterday.

I was asked if I was interested in being on an Emmaus team this Fall.  That would be great.  God is leading me to serve more and not be as much of an observer.  I can do this with His help.

I received two emails from a close friend yesterday.  It made my day.

I am waiting with a quiet, confident joy for what God has in store for me.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment