Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fix Or Repair Daily - Ford...

Our Daily Bread
Comeback player of the year!  Best revival of a musical!  The company was almost never heard from again, but is doing great now!  Yes, those are some of the headlines you might read.  I approached today's devotional in two ways.

Yes, I have gained my weight back plus more.  Yikes.  I need to make a comeback by eating right and exercising as much as I am allowed to.  I am still under doctor's orders to be careful (no straining).  I don't know why I eat to feel better -- because I don't.  I also have a problem with low hormones that is causing some of this as well.  I am due to see the doctor about that soon as well.  Whew.

Second, can we make a comaback in a relationship?  I have a friendship that I messed up.  I have probably mentioned it a thousand times in this blog.  This person is very important to me.  If God really wants us together, then I am praying for a comeback in this person's life, hopefully stronger than ever before.

I realize that some comeback attempts fail, like in the movie The Fighter.  I can deal with that.

Do you need to make a comeback with God or with someone in your life?  Think and pray about it.

Lord, I want to be the winner of the best revival of a good Christian award!


Psalm Sunday
Psalm 13 was featured in one of the devotionals last week.  I especially liked verses 5 and 6.  They really spoke to me that day.  I also liked verse 2.  I wrestle with my thoughts A LOT.  Scenarios I call them.  God is helping me overcome these distractions.  I am learning to detect the scenarios that are valuable and which ones are distractions.  Thank God!  Take a look at this psalm.


Psalm 13
    For the director of music. A psalm of David.
 1 How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever?
   How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
   and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
   How long will my enemy triumph over me?

 3 Look on me and answer, LORD my God.
   Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
4 and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
   and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

 5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
   my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the LORD’s praise,
   for he has been good to me.



Other Stuff
Well, my work stuff was pretty painless yesterday.  Woohooo!  It seems all the fixes we put into production Friday night are working as designed.  <>  I will see how tings go on Monday.

I got a few things done around the house.  Cooked for a while for my potlucks.  Rested.  Ahhhh.  Rested...

I am not sure if I will try to see the movie Super 8 Sunday morning or not.  I am ahead of the game at this point with chores and stuff, so I might have time if I attend early church.  I need a movie to review for Monday!  hehehe

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment