Friday, August 6, 2010

Knock, knock...

ODB.org
I have heard this silly knock,knock joke my whole life:
Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Duane
Duane who?
Duane the bathtub, I am dwowning!

I never stop laughing over that one hehehe There are two things in the devotional today that really spoke to me -- the poem and how we treat people sometimes.

I used the example of a house when explaining to a friend how and why I am sharing things about me in this blog. I am letting light into many rooms in my house so others can see what is in those rooms. Whenever Christ knocks (the knock, knock joke was a rough lead in!) on the door of our life, we should offer him the best room -- the room that is our heart. I thought that was cool.

The other thing that spoke to me was this sentence: "Whether it’s a room in our home or time in our schedule, too often we treat people as intruders rather than guests." It struck me that I can get so caught up in "getting things done" whether it be at home or at work, that I can treat people as intruders or disruptions to my progress. At work, this is a problem since the folks that come to me are my "customers" whether they are on the same team or from other teams. They should not be treated as intruders. Lesson noted.

Foodie Friday
Here is the recipe I am taking to my dinner group on Sunday night. We have a backyard cookout theme.

TWICE BAKED POTATO SALAD

5 lb. bag of red potatoes
1 lb. pack of maple flavored bacon (fried)
1/2 bag of
shredded cheddar cheese
heaping serving spoon of mayonaise
Ranch dressing to desired consistency

Wash and cut potatoes in bite sized cubes. Boil the potatoes until they are soft. Drain and put in large bowl to mix the rest of the ingredients. While the potatoes are boiling, fry the bacon slices, let cool then cut up in little pieces. After potatoes and bacon are cool, add the shredded cheese, mayonaise, and Ranch dressing. Stir until completed coated.

Serve chilled or warm in a casserole dish for hot version

Submitted by: Jamie Miller


Here is the link for the recipe.

Other Stuff
I had an up and down week. ALL over the board. I am looking forward to some time with friends this weekend. I will start studying for the retake of my certification test. I have a rehearsal on Wednesday night of next week to prepare for singing special music (a men's trio) at church on Aug 15. My schedule will get much busier after Labor Day when church stuff and singing groups start back up. I am enjoying my free time right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment