Friday, August 20, 2010

It's time for letting go....

ODB.org
This devotional hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. Today is my birthday. I nicknamed this coming year "Area 51". Unknown territory ahead! Could be top secret! 51 is starting out sort of weird. I will write more about it as I learn more about what is going on.

So is 51 the year that I finally realize "time to grow up"? Yes and no. There are some areas of my life and personality that I never want to change. There are some parts of my life that I want to desperately change. That is sort of a normal thing. I have grown up a lot the past few years. I pushed myself harder than most people do. The list of good things and not-so-good things over the past three years is extensive. I am working on the list of things to come and "growing up" as much as I can to handle the things that I will encounter. It is time for me finally grow up in some areas of my life, for example, the way I STILL hold back turning over my eating habits over to God. I tuck that part of my life away worse than I do Hoho's on a Saturday night!

A favorite song of mine is "It's time for letting go". I can't remember who sings it. For someone like me who has dogged determination, letting go can be difficult at times (some of my friends will attest to that fact!). It is time for letting go. I can do it...with God's help.

Foodie Friday
The folks who know me will be surprised by this recipe since I don't eat foods that end with "erry", like berries! I found the recipe to share with my dinner group. It was very easy to make, which was one of my criteria, and everyone said it tasted great! It is not a heart-healthy recipe, so be warned. You can make with blackberries or blueberries. Haven't tried it with peaches or other fruits.


EASY BLACKBERRY COBBLER

1/2 c. butter
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
2/3 c. milk
1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen blackberries, thawed

Melt butter in a 2 quart casserole. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk in a small mixing bowl, mix well.

Pour mixture over melted butter, do not stir. Spoon blackberries over batter; do not stir.

Bake at 350°F. for 45 minutes or until golden brown.



Other Stuff
While looking for "It's time for letting go" in iTunes this morning, I found a song I had forgotten about "It's time to start living". If you have learned anything from my blog at all, it is this. "Living" the way you want is up to you. Your choice -- whether it is alone or with someone, fat or skinny, giving things over to God or hoarding Hoho's, ~fill in your story here!~

Going to work today and then will probably go to the movies tonight. I love movies. I have to get material to write about on Monday!

I did turn over a silly tradition of mine to God this year. It is really not important. I have a silly birthday tradition of wanting a birthday card, birthday present, birthday dinner and birthday sex! Everyone knows that birthday sex is second only to make up sex! Like I said, it was a silly tradition. There isn't anyone special in my life right now. That is OK with me. I would rather be alone at the movies on my birthday than live out a silly birthday tradition with someone that is not special to me. Maybe I am growing up a little bit. A little...

No comments:

Post a Comment