Monday, August 23, 2010

Starting young -- Or never too old?

I admire folks that raise children, whether they are straight or gay. I really don't know what kind of father I would have been if God had made me heterosexual. I guess we will never know. While this devotional didn't seem to speak to me in the "start your children young" sense it was intended, it did speak to me in a different way. "You are never too old"!

You are never too old to turn your life over to God. You are never too old to make prayer and Bible study a crucial part of your life. You are never too old to pursue God's will for your life.

I hear something in the gay community more than I care to hear: "I used to go to church when I was a child, but didn't feel welcome at church after I came out." I completely understand that statement. God is still calling you to have a personal relationship. God will lead you to a place where you can feel welcome.

You are always welcome in God's loving arms...

Movie Monday
I saw two movies this weekend, both on Friday night to celebrate my birthday. If you haven't figured it out yet, watching movies is one of my favorite things. It is not my favorite thing to do on a date unless we are cuddled up on the couch at home. ;-)

The first movie was Nannie McPhee Returns. How cute! Seeing her work her magic, especially with the piglets was very cool! You will laugh, you will cry. It is very sweet and very touching. You should also know that it gets a little dark at times, which surprised me. I didn't think it was inappropriate. I wasn't expecting it. I give the movie 3 paws! This one would be OK on your home TV, but there are a few scenes that would be cooler at the theater.

The other movie was Vampires Suck. Yes, I know. This kind of movie usually sucks worse than vampires! hehehe Vamipres Suck was a parody on the Twilight movies with some digs at modern culture icons thrown in for good measure. It was very funny and not overly stupid. The young lady playing the lead had all of Bella's gestures DOWN! That was very funny! There were some very silly parts as well. This kind of humor is a refreshing break for me. I have a tendency to think too much about serious things... I give this movie 2 paws. You can wait til this one comes out on video. There is nothing in it that has to be seen on a big screen.


Other Stuff
I heard some feedback about my blog the past few days. One of my goals is to
"let you in" my life so you will know that it is OK to have struggles. It is OK to be yourself. It is OK to have doubts at times. I want you to know I believe in you. I believe in the Almighty God to work in each and every person's life who seeks God. Hang in there! I know I will -- with God's help and with your help.

Please say a little prayer for me today as I have my CT scan. I wonder if my belly will glow in the dark tonight? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment