Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Are we really content?

I know you probably get tired of reading this statement, BUT... the devotional was just what I needed to get the through this day. There were three points from the devotional and the scripture that I really appreciated today.

Philippians 4:4 -- "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" I have always loved the little chorus based on this scripture. It can be sung in so many ways, even as a round! I use it as a walking song to pep me up or as a soft prayer at times. I like it when the writer repeats "I will say it again -- Rejoice!" Very cool.

Philippians 4:8 -- "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." For someone like me that can get caught up in thinking about "scencarios", this passage has a special meaning. Think on THESE things and not the mindless, potentially harmful and upsetting scenarios that can sometimes swirl in my head.

Philippians 4:13 -- "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." The King James translation means a little more to me "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me". I have written a lot in this blog about letting go and letting God. Yes, I can do a lot of things. With Christ, I can do all things that he puts in my life utilizing his strength. It is a turbocharged life. It is NO ORDINARY LIFE...

iTunes Tuesday
I feel so gay after my iTunes purchase this week. I bought Lady GaGa's album The Fame. At least I didn't buy all the dance mixes that were created after the album was released (only the Just Dance - RedOne Remix). I had heard several of the songs before and didn't realize who sang them. I will listen some more as I have time. My guilty pleasure is the sone "I like it rough". The best line is "I'm shiny and I know it..." What a hoot!

Here are the movies that are coming out on DVD and/or Bluray today:
The Back-up Plan (I heard this was cute)
City Island (no idea)
George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead (this should be good)
The Square
$5 a Day
Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
Shogun Assassin (Blu-ray)
Ninjas vs. Zombies

Check them out! Or maybe wait until next week...

Other Stuff
I had my CT scan yesterday. I should get the results in the next day or two. I will let you know what I find out. I will be patient. I will be faithful. I will trust. That is what I do...

Also, I got a "Dear John" letter from the guy I went out with twice the past few months. I thought it was nice that he sent a hand-written letter to someone he only went out with twice -- and a little odd. If it would have been me, I probably just wouldn't have called the guy again. I wasn't planning on calling this guy again because I didn't think he would ever make time for me in his life. That is his option and perogative. It is his loss.

Am I bothered by this? Was I expecting too much from him? I believe I wrote in my blog on Friday "I don't have anyone special in my life right now. I am fine with that." I wasn't counting on him or anyone else to make my birthday special. Living and breathing for another day is special enough for me.

Was it because I told him about a fantasy I had about us? Fantasy is only that. I live in reality. The reality was that I promised to take things slow and accepted the fact that we would not spend time together often while we were getting to know each other. I admit I have an unusual habit the first time I go out with a guy -- I try to imagine what our relationship might develop into like a friendship, or a friend with benefits or maybe, just maybe, a marriage and long-term relationship. My feeling is that if I can't even IMAGINE that happening with the guy, then there isn't much of a chance of it happening in reality. It is my way of determining if I am talking to diamond in the rough or something else. I hope that isn't too weird.

My reality is this -- I wasn't hunting for a relationship when I met this guy. I am still not hunting for a relationship. "Hunter Duane" is gone. "Patient Duane" is waiting for God to lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment