Monday, August 30, 2010

Babble, Babel, Babble...

Have you ever tried talking to someone who doesn't speak your language? I mean someone from a foreign country, not a teenager! I learned a new word last week from TFU's kids -- chillax (relax and chill).

The devotional this morning talks about initiating a friendship or witness by establishing a common language or interest. It could be soccer, lawn care, or in Columbus, The Ohio State Buckeyes! OH--IO! Establishing this basic link starts the process of forming a bond of some kind. It happens in all kinds of relationships whether they are basic friendships or something deeper.

We also need to work on our common language with God. God gave us the Bible and instructions on how to have a personal relationship with Him so we can establish our common language. We build on that common language to build our relationship that will last for eternity.

Lord, help me listen and understand your language. I know you understand mine!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies this week: Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Eat Pray Love. You might say "Wow! Those are very different movies!" Yes, they were. I like some variety as long as they aren't "chick movies". Nothing against those, but I am usually not into them very much.

Scott Pilgrim: This as a very creative movie. The story line was interesting. Scott meets the girl of his dreams (literally from his dreams). To date her, he has to defeat her seven evil ex's sort of like he is playing a video game. There are very cool special effects that I didn't expect. There were some interesting plot twists and a cute ending. The special effects would be nice to see at the theater, but not required. I give this movie two paws.

Eat Pray Love: I saw this movie because of the cinematography. I ended up getting some things out of it! My favorite part was when a mentor told Julia Roberts' character to "wish him peace and love, then drop it" after she complained about thinking about her ex-husband too much. That was worth the price of admission! Abot 2/3 way through the movie I figured out the movie is what I am going through right now! In the last four months, I gained back the 26 pounds I lost earlier this year (EAT). I am in the middle of taking more alone time and praying and seeking God's direction (PRAY). I will be patient for the last section to start if the pattern happens for me! ;-) Not counting on it, but it would be nice! The medicine man had great advice for Julia at the end. Pay attention to that! I give this movie 2 paws as well.

See you at the movies!

Other Stuff
I had an "unplanned" day yesterday. Yes, I am very capable of that! I went to the early service at church. I felt pretty good when I cam home, so I took the walk I have been working up to all summer - the five mile walk from my house around Sharon Woods Park and back! I survived! Woohoooo! I stretched out and had a protein drink when I got home. I was a little sore later, but feel fine this morning. I also did some stuff around the house like finish the laundry and pack for my trip.

I will check with the doctor about the results from the MRI on Friday. I will post what I find out. I will be upbeat. I will have faith. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment