Tuesday, August 31, 2010

With the touch of His hand...

There is a song by the Newsboys called Rescue that goes something like this:
Then You rescued me, rescued me
Lord, with a touch of Your hand
Another captive free again
Who else in heaven could do this but You?
You rescued me, rescued me
Lord, with a love out of mind
Oh, You know I love it when
Everyday I am rescued again

I understand the point of today's devotional to be this -- if we know Christ, we should share Christ. To put things in context so my little brain can understand, I think of it this way. If you got this box of HoHo's that never runs out of the delicious little cakes, wouldn't you want to share the tasty joy with all of your friends? hehehe Imagine having a gift infinitely more incredible than chocolate, cake and a creme filling to share with others!

A better example is the experience many passengers had when the pilot landed the damaged airplane in the Hudson River last year. His amazing skill and the expertise of the flight attendants saved the lives of the passengers. Did you hear anyone walk away from that experience NOT saying "Wow, he saved our lives!" Nope! Christ saved our lives in a spiritual way and for some of us, in a physical way as well as He helped us change the way we live. We should not walk away from that experience in silence!

Lord, please help me to share with others the joy and hope that you have given me.

iTunes Tuesday
There are some doozies coming out on DVD this week. I have to admit that I missed every single one of them at the theater!

Marmaduke
Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too?
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (Blu-ray)
The Evil Dead (Blu-ray)
Harry Brown
Red Riding Trilogy
9th Company
OSS 117: Lost in Rio
Spread

Oh well. Didn't look for new music this week. I want to look for some new walking music. I am getting tired of the old stuff on my iPod. I will let you know what I find.

Other Stuff
I called the doctor's office several times yesterday, but couldn't get my MRI test results. I will call again today. I would rather not wait until Wednesday when he is in his Westerville office, but I may have to wait. Heavy sigh....

Did a little vacation shopping, got my car serviced and took a walk last night. I plan to attend the New Life fund raiser tonight. The location is only about a mile from my house!

Today is my mother's birthday. I already got her present and sent her card. I will call her this morning to wish her a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment