Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Remember summers when you were a kid?

ODB.org
Remember summers as a kid? They seemed to last FOREVER! ;-) We were so excited to be out of school. After a few weeks, it seemed like school would never start again so we could see our friends!

I don't always enjoy the kind of devotionals like the one today. As a Christian, I am obviously looking forward to life after death. Who wouldn't look forward to heaven? DOH! I have learned over the years that whole point of life is not looking forward to heaven, no matter what trials or tribulations or blessings we encounter on earth. It is the JOURNEY that is important. If we live our lives only to look forward to heaven or only to be comforted by that thought, then how much do we miss?

I read a USA Today article on my iPad yesterday talking about religion. Give it a quick read here. I do not totally agree with the author's theology, but I totally agree with the observation that we need God in our lives to help make us better people, to treat other people better. The ultimate goal is to live better now, not necessarily to live better after death. Think about that.

From the musical Avenue Q song "For Now":
Don't stress,
Relax,
Let life roll off your backs
Except for death and paying taxes,
Everything in life is only for now!

iTunes Tuesday
I didn't do much in iTunes this week. I finally figured out that the Pages app for my iPad will not READ PDF files. It will only GENERATE PDF files. DOH! If found a 99 cent app called PDF Reader Pro that works on both my iPhone and iPad. It is more practical on my iPad because of the larger screen. I synched a bunch of the PDF files I am studying for my certification test. It works for me! It is better than sitting in front of my computer screen for hours!

Here are some movies that are coming out of DVD (or available on iTunes today):
Date Night (very sweet movie)
Death at a Funeral (never saw it)
Children of Invention (don't know anything about this one)
Letters to God (Heard this was great)

Other Stuff
Heading to the hospital to have a gastric emptying test done this morning. As I understand it, the stomach of a diabetic can get "lazy" and not move food through to the intestines effectively. That causes all kinds of fun and hijinx in the body (never mind the details!). I hope to find out what is going on and what the next steps are to help me feel more comfortable. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Wednesday, so today and this evening will be a ton of fun! As always...I remain positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment