Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I don't think there is a cream for that...

ODB.org
The Sin Virus is the devotional for today. One of the verses jumped out at me today even though I have read this passage from Romans many times. Romans 6:21 says "What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of?" Wow! For me, I have purchased things that I really didn't need, said hurtful things that seemed to explode out of my mouth, or treated someone with less dignity and respect than the person deserved. What benefit did I receive for this behavior? Yes, I am ashamed of those things now.

A joke I have with some friends is "Oh, yeah, I think there is a cream for that" regardless if we are talking about wrinkles or some personal hygiene issue (eewwww!). There is no cream for the sin virus. The only thing that cures it is the blood of Jesus that He shed for each of us. Once we accept that gift, we need to avoid sinning on purpose. There is a good lesson for each of us.

iTunes Tuesday
I went "retro" this week on iTunes. After buying some iTunes gift cards at Costco at a small discount ($60 worth of cards for $56) I went shopping. I saw some 90's albums for $7.99, but none of them interested me. While looking around, I remembered that I don't have a single Michael Jackson album. I found a great collection of 38 songs for $16.99. The songs range from his early days and included all of his number one hits. I forgot how much I liked "Black and White"! He was very talented. It is a shame he had so many problems in his personal life.

I also found a great deal on a game for my iPad. Brothers in Arms HD was on sale for 99 cents (compared to $4.99 previously). I will give it a shot (pun intended). I am not much for games, but I like a good deal and a distraction sometimes.

Other Stuff
I take my Lotus Connections certification test at noon today {crossing fingers} I have never failed one of the Lotus certification tests. I don't want today to be the first! I will post my results tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment