Monday, August 9, 2010

Not my strong suit...

ODB.org
The Life that Matters is the topic of the devotional today. We only have one life. Isn't that the one that matters? Yes and no. We have choices about how we live our one, not-so-ordinary life. The devotional talks about walking humbly with God. I liked this sentence on the plaque: Reader think not to live so long, but seek to live as well.
Wow! So many times we only think -- How can I make it through this day, week or year? Do we really think about "living well"? What does that mean? Many folks think that means having lots of money and lots of power and lots of everything. In I Peter 5:1-7, living well is described for a Christian. Work not only for the things of this world that will fade away. Work for the things that will last eternally.

Movie Monday
I was not tempted to see any movies this weekend. If I had gone to the movies, I would have chosen between The Other Guys and Dogs and Cats 2: The revenge of Kitty Galore. Oh, Heck no! First, I am not a Will Farrell fan. My favorite role is the short stint as the German in The Producers. It was short (thank goodness) and he was acting crazy (which I can only take in small doses). Oh well.

I can tell you about a movie I saw a few weeks ago that is still in theaters -- Despicable Me. It is a cartoon appropriate for the kids or adults. I loved the writing of the movie. The characters were interesting and fun. There was some humor that only the adults would understand. There was some humor that only the kids would understand! In short, a despicable villain adopts three young girls so he can use them to infiltrate the home of his arch enemy. The girls melt his heart so he is not as despicable any more. The whole process is adorable. You will laugh a lot and probably cry a little too. You may have seen the minions from the movie on the IHOP commercials. They are adorable as well. My favorite saying from the movie comes when Gru has an idea. He gets a silly look on his face and says "Light bulb!" hehehe

I give the movie 3 bear paws.

Other Stuff
I hoped to have a few weeks without doctor appointments, but nooooooo...... I got over my ear infection last week. I am very thankful. I have some tests scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday to determine what might be going on in my abdominal area. I have complained about the symptoms for years, but the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. They now think there is probably some diabetes-related problems that I need to address. I will let you know the results. You know what I say... I remain positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment