Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Such a burden...

ODB.org
The devotional and scripture today seem like a contradiction to the society we live in. Give up everything in this world to gain riches in the next. I have to admit that even as a "planner" (or person who likes to plan ahead) this doesn't necessarily make sense to me either. It makes more sense to me when I think if of it this way: those who think they have more in this world, be it wealth, or great intelligence, or a great sphere of influence, etc, will have a more difficult time entering the kingdom of heaven. Simply put, those who think they have the most to lose in this world are less likely to enter the next with Jesus. That is my story and I am sticking to it! ;-)

For me, I struggle with letting go. Yes, I accepted Jesus into my life at an early age. That was not an "insurance policy" kind of faith. It was (and still is) a commitment to live for God. Giving up all I have so I can surrender completely to God is the goal. That doesn't mean I am going to quit my job (though it is tempting on some days) and sit around in sackcloth. I mean, what kind of fashion statement would that be! Seriously, taking the time to give over your mind, soul, possessions, yes, everything, is the goal each day. It is quite a journey.

iTunes Tuesday
I have to admit that I haven't been "feeling" the iTunes Tuesday theme! I will try this for a few more weeks then reevaluate this idea. Yes, TFU, I am not so OCD that I can't be flexible...

No new music this week on my iPod. Didn't take the time to look. I find that I usually look for old stuff that I don't have instead of exploring new music. Most of the new music is crap in my opinion except for a few guilty pleasures. I mean, should anyone really like Kelly Clarkson's music? Please? I do and I buy it.

There are some new movies available on DVD and iTunes today. If you haven't noticed, movie-to-DVD releases are usually on Tuesdays! It is traditionally a slow day for stores, so the extra business is good for them. Available today are:
The Last Song
Furry Vengeance
Cemetery Junction

Yikes... Talk about a slow week... You should also know that the regular DVD and the Bluray DVD don't always come out on the same day. There are also new Bluray versions of old movies coming out each week as well. I noticed that the Bluray of Nanny McPhee came out this week just in time for the release of the sequel. What a cute movie!

Other Stuff
I had to mow the lawn and trim the landscaping last night. It was a nice night for it. I almost didn't finish it before dark because I got home later than what I planned. Thanks, my walking buddy and your hubby, for having a glass of wine with me. I am glad the computer is working better now. ;-)

I plan to attend the Gay Night at the Columbus Clippers game tonight at Huntington Park. Should be a fun night!

1 comment:

  1. I have been getting into my Non-Ipod and have several new music interest. I have been exploring my Celtic heritage a little and have some suggestions for music: Clannad, Gaelic Storm, Pogues, Loreena Mckinnett, and The Corrs. Some of my other favs right now are Cross Canadian Ragweed Band, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lucinda Williams, Ben Harper, Sam Bush, Paul Thorn, Richard Thompson, Allison Moorer, and Alexi Murdoch. I have a little something for everyone.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete