Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal wedding

Our Daily Bread
I don't know about you, but I was a little upset I didn't get my invitation to the royal wedding this week!  hehehe Can you imagine being invited to something like that?  All the royalty and dignitaries and pomp and circumstance!  I would have to be on my best behavior and that is not always that good!  hehehe

Imagine this world as the royal wedding and we are the guests of God.  Shouldn't we be on our best behavior here?  We were born into this invitation.  God sent us a second invitation in the form of his son, Jesus.  While the Brits may excuse our rudeness because we are Americans, God can forgive us of our sins if we repent and ask forgiveness.  We cannot and should not take that for granted.  I am afraid I do that too many times.

Lord, I want to sin less and love more.

Simply Saturday
I had a good time yesterday.  Work was busy, but I got a few things done.  I had a late lunch with a college friend who was in town for a conference, then went to see the movie Fast Five.  It was much better than the past few sequels.  Whew!  I will review the movie on Monday.

I stayed overnight with my niece, Halie.  Halie is a Lab mix dog that I am sitting for my hero this weekend.  I know I confused the heck out of her because I took her out of her routine.  I will visit her again late this afternoon to let her out and maybe take her for a walk.  My walking appointment this afternoon got canceled due to a work issue.  I plan to attend the CUB movie night at the Arena Grand tonight.  That should be fun.

I am helping out a friend tomorrow afternoon.  I plan to do my packing for San Diego Sunday evening.

So this new road I am taking feels odd, but I know down deep it is the right one.  I feel confident about where it goes, though I really don't know exactly.  Like I have said several times before -- what does it matter where the road goes as long as God is leading!

I hope and pray that you are following your road.  Have faith.  Trust God.  Believe in his love and grace.  I know I do.

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment