Monday, April 18, 2011

Why is God so good to us?

Our Daily Bread
I have been thinking and praying about God a lot the past two months while taking the Progressive Christianity class at church.  Many of the things that I thought about God and Jesus and my relationship with them were questioned.  I still struggle with some of the questions.  Most were answered during the study.

The goodness of God and his activities in the earth today was one of the topics of discussion.  Some folks believe that God set this top in motion and it will spin til it stops.  Some folks believe that God is active in each thing that happens on earth.  Both views spawn many questions.  Like many things in life, I try to take a balanced approach.  I will talk more about this stuff tomorrow.  More coming on this topic!

Regardless of the view you have of God, God is good!  I can be a witness to that in my life!  That is the point of the devotional.  We all need to be witnesses of God's goodness!

Lord, thank you for being so good to me!  I want to be better about telling others.

Movie Monday
I didn't get a chance to see a new movie last week even though I was on vacation the end of the week.  My best friend didn't seem interested in going to the movies.  There was even a GLBT film festival in St Louis over the weekend.  I was dying to go!  Oh well.

We watched Easy A on DVD. It was just as much fun the third time around!  I like that movie.

I bought some recently released Blurays.  The latest Harry Potter movie and the latest Chronicles of Narnia movie are out now.  I am sure I will watch then again when I get time.

Hannah is at the top of my list.  Not sure I want to see Scream 4 or Rio.  Hmmmmm.

Other Stuff
I had a busy afternoon and evening after I returned from St Louis.  I ran some errands.  Did laundry.  Mowed the lawn and worked in the yard.  Did a few more things around the house, then went to bed early.  Whew!

I found a new quilted comforter for my guest bedroom.  I have wanted a new one for several years, but hadn't found anything I really liked.  Target had a beautiful green comforter and sham set for less than $100.  The most important part is that is matches the curtains and sheets I already have!  Woohooo!

I picked up the poster prints I had made at Costco.  My best friend took some incredible pictures on our trip to San Francisco last Fall.  I had three of them made into posters.  I plan to use them on the new art wall in the basement (after I get the wall painted!).

I forgot to mention that I ordered my new furniture for my family room.  My couch is about twelve years old (at least) and has seen better days.  I am moving it to the basement for the home theater when I get the money to finish the screen and projector project down there.  ;-)  I can also use that area for my every day lounging since it is warming in the winter and cooler in the summer down there!  I also have an extra fridge down there as well.  I sort of wish I had a half bath put down there when I had the chance, but I didn't want to spend the money at the time.  Oh well.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...  Duane

No comments:

Post a Comment