Sunday, April 17, 2011

Home again...

Our Daily Bread
The passage used in today's devotional has always interested me.  How exciting it must have been for the followers of Jesus to praise his name as he triumphantly entered Jerusalem, the capital of Jewish religion and culture in that period!  So many folks heard of Jesus for the first time that day!

What are we doing to raise his name in praise and adoration today?  How about this week during all the Holy Week activities?  Let us all do our best to raise his name in praise each and every day in our own special way!

Lord, thank you for the gift of your Son.  Thank you for the way he lives in my heart!

On Location -- St Louis
I had a great time in St Louis this weekend.  Thank you again, my best friend!  We had dinner with friends last night and then went to the two "bear" bars in St Louis.  I have to admit that I was in a drinking mood and made the most of the evening!  We rolled into my best friend's apartment with a bag of White Castle burgers about midnight.  I had to be up by 4:30 or so to get ready for my flight home!  I managed to set two alarms on my iPhone to awaken me.  I am not sure how I did that in my drunken state.  OH well.  My BFF is going to ship a few things to me that I couldn't fit in my suit case.  I didn't buy too much stuff, but it was just enough that I needed to ship a few things.

I met some new folks last night at the bars.  Hung out with some old friends.  It was nice.

I didn't meet as many people on the flights back today.  I was tired and decided to sleep on the flights home.  It was odd that US Airways routed me through Charlotte each trip instead of the originally scheduled city of Philadelphia.  Very odd.  I made it home in record time today.  Can't complain about that!

I started some laundry when I got home and wrote this blog entry.  Not sure what this evening will bring!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment