Monday, April 11, 2011

Just a penny?

Our Daily Bread
I love the story of David and Goliath!  The devotional gave that scripture passage as the basis for the lesson.  I have to admit that there are two sayings in this devotional that struck me.


It’s easy to feel like a penny in a trillion-dollar deficit. 
Wow!  How many minutes, hours, days, weeks, or years have you felt like this?  As children of God, we don't have to feel this way!  Remember David when he went off to fight Goliath?  That leads to the saying.

Courage will follow when faith takes the lead.
Double Wow!  hehehe  How many times have you felt the courage of God surging through your body because your faith has taken the lead in your life?  I have only felt it a few times.  I need to work on that some more!  I hope you will, too!

Lord, I want to have faith... and the courage that will follow!


Movie Monday
I didn't have time to see any movies at the theater this week.  I will write about some movies I saw or saw again in the past few weeks.  I had a religious theme (or sort of a religious them for these flix!

Angles and Demons
I got a deal on the Bluray disk for this movie.  I liked it the first time and I still liked it the second time I saw it!  Suspense.  Plot twists.  Lots of cars rushing around the city!  hehehe  It was interesting.

I give this movie two bear paws.

The Rite
I remember seeing the previews for this movie, but it sailed past the regular theaters to the dollar theaters.  That is where I saw it.  The main attraction was Anthony Hopkins as the lead actor.  He did a great job with the material he had to work with.  hehehe  In short, the story line is about a young priest in training that doesn't really believe in what he is selling!  The seminary sent him for exorcism training at the Vatican.  Anthony Hopkins plays a priest that does exorcisms and eventually needs one!  Interesting.

I give this movie two bear paws as well.

Other Stuff
I had a great time with my dinner group last night.  They are such a great group of folks.  The East theme went over well as did the decorations (see below).  Thanks to Yang for the idea of using the Peeps!





I have a short week at work before flying to St Louis on Wednesday.  I look forward to getting away for a few days.  My best friend and I have already made a few plans for the weekend.  I hope to see some other long time friends on Saturday.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment