Monday, April 4, 2011

Little details...

Our Daily Bread
I have an unusual personality at times.  Those of you that know me are saying DOH!  Do you think?  hehehe  While I am a very detail oriented person, I also get mired in the details at times.  For me to truly understand and act on details, I usually have to start at the high level and drill down into the details.  Then the details make sense in context and not just random facts or pieces of information.  Make sense?  Please say yes!  ;-)

This is what I got out of the devotional this morning -- if I try to focus on the details of my life without understanding the high level first, I will fail in many of my goals.  The best example is my relationship with God.  I sometimes get mired in the details of being Christ-like, bogged down in the disappointments of not being perfect, of trying and not achieving my goal.  Like I wrote yesterday, I had to change my goals.

Whether it is a sporting event, a task at work or my relationship with God, I need to rest in doing my best -- not being perfect. 

Lord I want to do your work, your way.  I want to pay attention to the details, but not get mired in them!

Movie Monday
I went to see the movie Source Code this weekend.  Cool movie!  I really liked it.

The story line is a soldier assigned to a group that has him accessing the last eight minutes of a dead man's life in order to find out the details of the bomb and bomber who killed the man (and many others).  It was an interesting twist on time travel and alternate universes.  There are lots of plot twists and turns that I liked.  I think you will, too.  You can watch this one on video.  There isn't anything that screams to be seen on the big screen.  I give this movie three bear paws.

PS: don't get too caught up in all the details in this movie.  Not all of them add up...

Other Stuff
I feel a little better this morning after sleeping a lot this weekend.  I missed all of the social events I had planned.  Heavy sigh...  Oh well.  I will spend the rest of the week getting ready for hosting my dinner group on Sunday night.  I am looking forward to that! 

I have the last class in the Progressive Christianity series tonight.  I will post my notes from this week in tomorrow's posting.

I am slowly but surely figuring out some issues at work.  Whew!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment