Thursday, April 21, 2011

Moving on...

Our Daily Bread
How do you move on after a sinful experience or after doing someone wrong or after being totally disobedient to God?  People vary on how they handle this, but most withdraw from as many situations as they can.  I know that I withdraw from everything except for my job!  Even there, I will usually wear headphones as much as possible to minimize contact with other folks! 

David was probably the best example of "moving on" that I know of in the Bible.  He had some tremendous "highs" in his life.  He had some unbelievable "lows".  How did he handle the lows?  He prayed and fasted and humbled himself before God in hopes that others would not suffer due to his sins.  When those consequences were unavoidable, he moved on with his life by worshiping God and getting his life back on track.

Isn't that what we need to do as well? 

Lord, I want to move on from my sinful acts.  Please forgive me.  Please help me forgive myself.

Technology Thursday
I got to play with the new BlackBerry Playbook tablet computer for a little while yesterday.  RIM released the device on Tuesday.  Overall, it was OK.  Here are some observations.

Size and weight:
The size might be a little more convenient for some folks than an iPad.  It is about the screen size of a Kindle device, but is a little thicker and heavier than a Kindle.  The Playbook feels solid though.  It does not feel delicate like a Kindle. 

Interface
The Playbook has a new operating system for RIM.  It is not bad.  I didn't hate the interface even though the "swiping from off the screen" was odd to me.  The true multitasking was nice.  I think it would take me a while to get used to it all.  I loved the calendar and mail interfaces.  They did a great job on that.

Processor
This device has a dual core processor, which should smoke the competition.  I didn't get that feeling.  The performance felt like my iPhone 3GS that is almost two years old.  Oh well.

Battery life
My boss said his kids played games on the device and he used it for some stuff.  The battery was about 75% depleted the next morning.  Not too bad for medium use 

My overall impression is that it doesn't suck as bad as many people thought it would.  I am not sure it is worth the money.  Also, there is not a 3G or 4G version yet -- only a wireless networking version.  We will see how that flies.

Other Stuff
I am getting ready for Easter Sunday and dinner at my  house.  Should be fun.

Not feeling great this week.  I am going back to the doctor today.  I almost made it through a whole week without a doctor appointment.  ;-p

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment