Friday, April 8, 2011

I just don't get it!

Our Daily Bread
I was explaining something to a friend the other day.  He didn't understand why his roommate "just doesn't get it" most of the time.  I explained that everyone is wired a little differently.  There are things that are obvious to you and me that are oblivious to others!  I hate it when that happens!

The devotional today talks about something similar.  There are many times when the world doesn't understand why the children of God are kind, loving, attend church, and give of themselves to others.  That is not the norm!  As children of God, we are not the norm.  Thank God!  What is God calling you to do that is outside the norms of this world?

Lord, I want to be extraordinary in your eyes!

Foodie Friday
I am making my grandmother's baked ham recipe for my dinner group on Sunday night.  I had to call my aunt to find out a detail or two that I couldn't remember.  I haven't made this ham recipe since I was in college! 

Grandma's baked ham
semi-boneless ham (can also use boneless)
brown sugar
whole cloves
pineapple slices

Preheat over to 325 degrees.  Place ham in a large baking pan.  With a large knife, score the ham vertically and horizontally with 1/4" cuts.  It should look like a tic-tac-toe board when you are done.  Carefully use the whole cloves to secure the pineapple slices to the ham.  Gently pour the brown sugar all over the ham and pat it gently.  Bake covered at 325 for 20 minutes per pound of ham.  You can periodically baste the ham with the melted brown sugar if you like.  Remove the cover for the last 15 minutes.

I will also be making a meatless meatloaf for my friend that gave up meat for Lent.  I plan to take her spicy black bean burger recipe and converit to a meatless meatloaf recipe.  I will post it after I test my recipe.  ;-)

Other Stuff
I was disappointed at the dermatologist office yesterday morning. I prepared myself to start a systemic medicine for my psoriasis.  I found out that I could not take ANY systemic medications for my condition due to the fact that I had lymphoma when I was younger.  Even though I celebrated 25 years of being healed last Friday, I am not eligible.  Oh well.  Back to lotions and creams.  Yuck...

I am in "wait and heal" mode with  my eyes.  The cataract is already starting to grow on my left eye just two months after the surgery.  I hope to have the cataract surgery this year since I have already paid out almost all of my maximum out of pocket already!  It is only April!  I will keep plugging away at stuff.  I am very thankful for my job and for my health.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment