Sunday, April 3, 2011

The condition of the heart...

Our Daily Bread
If you read my blog earlier in the week, you might remember that I had my annual physical on Monday.  Funny that the devotional today refers to that as well!

Once again the devotional spoke to me personally.  The church I attend has the Lord's Supper the first Sunday of each month, which would be today.  After sleeping over 15 hours last night due to not feeling well, I decided to stay home from church today.  It was more because of the Lord's Supper than not feeling well.  A frusrtrating part of Christianity for me is never being able to measure up to the standard.  I have to be continually reminded that being perfect is not the goal for a follower of Christ.  Trying to be the best you can be while letting God's power flow through you is the goal.  These are two very different things.

Are you an overachiever like me?  It is impossible to overachieve at being a Christian!  DOH!  It is possible to live a Spirit-filled life and do many good things to praise and server our God.  Amen!

Lord, I want to serve you the best I can.  Help me put aside my perfectionist tendencies and just be your child!

Psalm Sunday
I call Psalm 8 one of the 'happy dance" psalms.   hehehe  Are you a Peanuts fan?  Remember Snoopy's happy dance?  What an amazing testimony to our God!


Psalm 8

    For the director of music. According to gittith. A psalm of David.
 1 LORD, our Lord,
   how majestic is your name in all the earth!

   You have set your glory
   in the heavens.
2 Through the praise of children and infants
   you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
   to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens,
   the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
   which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
   human beings that you care for them?

 5 You have made them a little lower than the angels
   and crowned them with glory and honor.
6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
   you put everything under their[g] feet:
7 all flocks and herds,
   and the animals of the wild,
8 the birds in the sky,
   and the fish in the sea,
   all that swim the paths of the seas.

 9 LORD, our Lord,
   how majestic is your name in all the earth!



Other Stuff
Didn't feel well yesterday.  I did a few things around the house and went to a movie.  After that, I only wanted to sleep.  I blew off all the stuff I had planned this weekend and went to bed.  Whew...  I will try to walk today after it warms up.  I feel a little better this morning, but not much.

I saw the movie Source Code yesterday.  I will review it on Monday.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment