Friday, April 29, 2011

Did I do that?

Our Daily Bread
A popular TV personality used to squeak out after yet another disasterous adventure -- "Did I do that?"  hehehe

That is what I feel sometimes when I question God, which I have been doing a lot lately.  Questioning is not wrong or unhealthy.  We are human.  We question things we don't understand.  Where it becomes sin is when we choose to not follow God after these periods of doubt.  The devotional talks about the symbol of Murphy's Law in the Old Testament - Job.  He suffered almost every loss a person could suffer.  He questioned God.  He then realized that God is on his throne.  God is and will always be in control, even when it doesn't seem like it!

Lord thank you for loving me and watching out for me even when I doubt.  I want to trust you more and more each and every day.

Foodie Friday
The recipe this week is for sugar free chocolate pie.  There is no added sugar, but there are carbs in the pie so count accordingly!

2 small boxes of chocolate fudge sugar free pudding mix (I prefer Jello brand)
3 cups of skim milk
1 graham cracker pie shell (here is where the carbs are!  You can buy a reduced fat one if you want).

Combine the milk and two packages of pudding mix.  I use the shaker method instead of the mixer method.  You can use what you want.  Pour the mixture in the pie shell.  Chill for a few hours before serving.

Yes, you will probably notice that two small boxes of pudding mix usually calls for four cups of milk.  Using less milk makes the concoction stand up in a pie shell and gives it a rich chocolate flavor even with lots of sugar free whipped topping on top!

Other Stuff
Whew!  I finished mowing my lawn just as the rain started up again last night.  The lawn is looking nice even though there are some bare spots here and there.  Not sure why.  Will probably put in some filler grass seed this weekend.  My perennials are coming up.  Woohoooo!

I did a few things around the house last night.  Went to bed early.  I am looking forward to relaxing this weekend.  I had a tough month...  I am looking forward to my trip next week.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment