Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I admit it...

Our Daily Bread
I admit it.  I talk too much!  I am not bad about gossiping, but I talk a lot.  I am a good conversationalist so it is not all one sided.  I am also a good listener. 

The devotional today talks about talking.  A wise person minimizes his/her words unless there is something wise and good to say.  Talking for talking's sake is not wise or good!  I was always taught "if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything!".  With some folks, I have to just keep my mouth shut! 

Lord, I want to be wise and hold my tongue when needed. 


Other Stuff
I promised myself that 2011 would be different for me.  I will continue (and have continued) my steadfast fight against my health issues.  I am also continuing to not let those things hold me back from my "no ordinary life".  I am finally making the tough decisions and sticking with them about my friendships (or so called friendships).  I thank God for his healing and strength.  Being around people that constantly try to belittle you or drag you down is not healthy.  I refuse to do it any longer.  I finally realized that it is not my job to help those folks in the way I was trying to help.

I am so very fortunate to have several close friends that are caring and supportive.  I will focus my energy on those folks.  I will pray for the others, but not hold them close.  Remember, they are cactus people!  hehehe 

Life is very good for me, regardless of these little inconveniences.  I know I am not perfect.  I know that people hold me to a high standard because I put myself out there.  I hold myself to a high standard.  I will continue to push along in my life. 

I write these things to encourage each of you -- be strong.  Take chances to make your life better.  Be brave enough to walk down the road ahead of you even though you can't see where it will go.  What does it matter as long as God is leading?  ;-) 

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment