Thursday, April 28, 2011

Don't hate...

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever watched the comedy show Reno 911?  In their silly movie, two characters were walking down the beach in Miami saying "Don't hate. Don't hate now..."  hehehe  It was funny at the time!

The devotional today talks about what a person's life is like when he rejects God.  It is not a "secular" life.  It is a life of hate and hard feelings towards almost everything.  The sad thing is that Satan has these folks so deluded that they don't even know what they are feeling or doing most of the time!  That is just my opinion.  Scripture sort of backs it up though.

I have had feelings of being disconnected from God lately.  God hasn't moved.  I have moved away.  I am building my faith to trust God through EVERY situation.  I have no clue where my life is going even though I plan as best as I can.  I will trust God.  I will have faith.  I will believe in his healing power for all areas of my life.  Seriously... if I can believe in all of this with my life circumstances, can't you?

Lord, I want to trust  you more.  I want others to see you in my life.

Technology Thursday
Are you one of the millions that purchased an ereader?  They come in many different types and styles and formats like the iPad, Kindle, Nook, Sony eReader, and some off brands that can do some of this stuff.  I wanted to bring to your attention that there are many free book sites on the Internet.  Amazon.com has many free or very inexpensive books.  I downloaded several different translations of the Bible on the Kindle application running on my iPad.  I can carry ten Bibles in the space of one iPad!  I can search easily too!

Check it out.  You can find some very cool stuff.

Other stuff
I am feeling better after taking meds the past week.  I need to get back on my weight loss plan and lose some weight.  I haven't been eating well since I haven't been feeling well.  There was also this little holiday called Easter that happened as well!  I will keep plugging along.

I am excited about my trip to San Diego next week.  Woohooo!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment