Friday, April 1, 2011

Spiritual Bonbons...

Our Daily Bread
Ever seen those movies where an Egyptian queen is being fanned and being feed grapes by the hand of a handsome man?  Ever joked with someone who is a housewife or househusband about laying around eating bonbons all day?  hehehe

I have been fortunate to hear some very good preaching in my life.  I know I have treated that preaching like spiritual bonbons at times -- sweet treats, but you can't make a diet of them alone!  We need to add Bible study and prayer to exercise and grow our faith!

So you have some nice visuals for the next time you go to church!  ;-)

Lord, I want have a healthy diet of solid spiritual food so I can grow in you!

Foodie Friday
I tried something new last night -- vegetarian sushi!  Hal and Al's on Parsons has veggie sushi on Thursday night.  This place is pretty cool even if there isn't any meat served there!  They also have veggie hot dogs, burritos, tacos, and macaroni and cheese!  Give it a try sometime.

My friends also talked about Dragonfly, a vegan restaurant near my church.  It is more upscale than Hal and Al's!  It is also in a much better neighborhood!

To offset the vegan food tonight, I am going to make some boneless ribs and chicken breasts tonight!  I am using my Penzey's poultry spices and Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce for the ribs.  Not sure what I am going to do with the chicken yet.  I think I am going to try making my own seasoning and baking them.  I will let you know how they turn out.

Other Stuff
My eyes are doing OK.  I will keep plugging away.

I received my test results from my annual physical.  My a1c went down.  My total cholesterol was OK, but the numbers that make it up were a little off.  Other stuff was OK.  I go to the cardiologist this afternoon.

I have a few things planned for this weekend.  I will also get some rest.  It has been a long week.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment