Thursday, March 31, 2011

Even if there wasn't a heaven...

Sorry I haven't written in a few days.  Been a weird week!

Our Daily Bread
I had a discussion with some friends recently about heaven and about how we were all looking forward to it.  I made the statement that even if there wasn't a heaven, I would still be a follower of God.  That sparked some discussion!

Yes, the promise of a heavenly eternity is wonderful!  I prefer to focus on the heaven on earth!  Most people would not consider their existence on this planet as "heaven on earth".  That is our choice really.  We have a choice of how we react to the things around us regardless of what we encounter in our lives. 

Here is an example.  When I walked through my portico last night, I scared a bird trying to next in one of my ficus trees.  The bird fluttered around and around.  I shielded my eyes (naturally).  The bird eventually found his way out of of the portico.  I noticed this morning that I literally scared the crap out of the bird because it was all over my jacket!  I had to put it in the wash!  I could have gotten mad.  Instead I laughed about it!  The lesson is that we can choose to laugh about things even when we get crapped on!  hehehe

Lord, I want to make my life heaven on earth.  Not so much in the things I encounter, but in spite of them!

Technology Thursday
Lots of fluttering going on  in the technology world these days.  Here are a few topics.

Tablet computers.
The iPad2 stirred up the tablet computer world again.  Yes, there are some competitors that don't totally suck for those that don't like Apple products.  The Motorola Xoom is about the only one that can come close.  The Samsung devices aren't horrible.  We will see how things shake out.  I recently discovered some interesting tablets with basic featues, which are all most folks will use, that run less than $200.  Very interesting option.

Wireless Providers
There is still much buzz about the ATT-TMobile buyout.  Not sure it will pass the regulators.  I know Sprint does NOT what this to happen!  hehehe

PCs
There is a lot of talk about the reduced interest in desktop computers.  The interest in smartphones and tablet computers is a big part of that decrease.  I think another reason is the lack of innovation in processors.  There used to be a huge difference in the processors in desktop computers vs laptops and smaller devices.  Not so much any more!  For guys like me that build their own PCs, catching sales on computer parts is pretty cool!

Other Stuff
My eyes are doing OK.  They continue to heal.  I am thankful.

I have an appointment with a cardiologist tomorrow for a check up. I will post how things go.  Diabetes can cause lots of festive things to happen to your body. 

I got my lab results back last night.  My a1c went down a little, though I still need to work on it some more.  My cholesterol is close to the specs (total cholesterol is good).  I started my new blood pressure medicine on Tuesday.  We will see how that goes.

Hang in there my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment