Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our Daily Bread
The devotional is based on Psalm 102, the psalm for an afflicted person who has grown weak and pours out a lament before the Lord.  We have all been there, haven't we?  ;-)

The question I have about the devotional is this: when we lament, are we mistrusting the Lord or not having enough faith?  I struggle with this.  I have written about the strong, confident joy that God is working in me.  Where does that fit in to the equation?  Can I have a strong, confident joy and still lament?

Frankly, lamenting is the place I am in right now. The events of the past few months have gotten to me.  Even though many things are going very well, including the recovery from my eye surgery, I am worn down.  I have grown weak.  I had to promise a friend at church last night that I would get out of this funk!  Soon!  Now!  hehehe

Please don't take this next comment as rationalizing my current state of mind.  I feel this is a stage of development in my Christian life.  How many of us really "lament"?  How many of us really feel comfortable pouring out our hearts to God in such an intimate matter?  We usually only do something like this with our closest of friends.  Some people don't have close friends to share things with.

Part of my lament prayer is "I don't know what to do!"  Imagine me saying that as pitifully as possible.  hehehe  The truth is I DO know what to do.  Love God.  Love others as myself.  Trust God for everything.  Take the next step on the road in front of me regardless of where it goes.  What does it matter as long as God is leading?

Yes, God does listen and answer our laments.  He has been answering mine this week with the calls, texts and emails of special friends.  What better gift can I ask for?

Bye, bye funk.

Lord, thank you for hearing my prayers.  I want to trust you more.

Technology Thursday
Most of the technology news this week has been about two topics: iPad2 and cloud computing.

I wrote about the iPad2 last week.  It goes on sale tomorrow.  I will not buy one...  I will not buy one...  hehehe

What is cloud computing, you might ask?  Cloud computing is where the applications or computer storage is somewhere off your local computer or network.  For example, IBM offers several of their products "in the cloud" meaning they host the application, like email, somewhere out there on the Internet.  Your employees access the application through your network, VPN or Internet.  This approach is supposed to reduce the overall cost of ownership for commonly used applications.  The interesting thing is that some companies already offer cloud-based application for consumers like you and me.  Have you bought a PC or laptop that has some Internet-based backup storage as part of the package?  That is cloud-based!    We will see more and more of this approach.  Look for this from iTunes and Google Music sometime this year.  That will be very interesting!

Other Stuff
I am not sure what is going on with my eyes this week.  The left eye has been healing very well and sight has improved.  I am having some random pains in the eye.  Not sure what that is about.  My right eye started acting up on Tuesday.  I have been seeing better with the left eye than the right.  Oh boy...  I go back to the doctor on Wednesday for my next checkup.

Work has been a challenge this week.  I am not doing a great job of being nice.  This is bad.  I will do better today.

Attending a surprise birthday party for Fly bear's grandmother tonight.  Should be a nice evening.

I planned a trip to St Louis for the middle of April.  I was able to use a free flight on US Airways.  Woohooo!  I need to use a free flight on Southwest in the next two months.  Where else can I go?  ;-)

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment