Saturday, March 5, 2011

Am I worthy?

Our Daily Bread
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain!  You are worthy to open the scroll!

Wow!  I have never been a big fan of the book of Revelation.  I find too many children of God focus on trying to understand all the mysteries of that book only to forget the two most important commandments!  Why is that?

Jesus is worthy for us to lay down all of our sin and cares in front of him.  I like the final quote from the devotional:


The Lamb who died to save us
is the Shepherd who lives to lead us.

So I ask the question in the title of this blog entry -- Am I worthy?  Am I worthy to serve the God of all creation.  To call on the name of his son, the Christ?  To rely on the power of the Holy Spirit?  I think not!  Fortunately, God offers us his GRACE.  Amazing grace, as the hymn says.  Do  you know his grace today?  Do you live in his grace?  Are you honored to be able to serve the God of the heavens and earth?  

I have to admit that I don't always think that way.  ;-(

Lord, I want to be a slave to you.  I don't know any other way to live a full and meaningful life.  A life that is more than ordinary.


Simply Saturday
I wrote a great description of the things I learned the past few weeks and then lost it by touching the wrong part of my iPad screen.  Heavy sigh...  I will write a small portion of that entry as my Simply Saturday entry.  God taught me two very important lessons the past few weeks.

He taught me about putting him first in my life.  I mean, really, really, first in my life.  Two weeks ago God told me to attend the candelight service during the mens walk to Emmaus.  I went on a date instead.  The date didn't go as well as what I wanted.  It was an odd evening.  While studying my D2 lesson on Priorities, God asked me "why would I give you a special man if you are only going to put him ahead of me?"  Whoa!!!  I am such an idiot at times!  I prayed for forgiveness and asked God to help me learn and put this lesson into practice.

Second, God taught me a question to ask whenever I am tempted to do something wrong or something "borderline inappropriate".  You know what I mean.  When a friend did something to offend me greatly, I asked him "was it worth losing my friendship over?"  Whoa....  God taught me to apply that to a lot of things, especially relationships.  I am a flirt.  God taught me to ask myself this question when I am about to flirt or do more than flirt "is this worth losing over?"  Or "is this worth losing John Doe's friendship over?"  It sounds simple, but thinking about the ramifications of our actions means more than just thinking "Oh, yeah, I know it is wrong.  I will do it anyway".  Yikes!  

BONUS LESSON!  hehehe  I learned something else last week.  I am an insulin dependent diabetic.  I tease some friends that are borderline insulin dependent with my insulin pen (click, click, click) to not be like me.  Don't have the eating habits that I did to cause this problem.  God said what if sin was like eating carbohydrates?  What if I had to give myself an injection of the blood of Jesus each time I sinned?  click, click, click....  Would I still sin as much?  Would that simple thought of the sacrifice that Jesus made help me not sin as much?  I will see.  Click, click, click...

Other Stuff
Had dinner with my walking buddy and her husband last night.  We had a great evening.  I sat with a sick friend today.  He was very sick.  There wasn't much I could do except sit with him.  I hope he feels better soon.  I am attending a party tonight.  Not sure what this will be like.  Hmmmm.

Hang in there my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment