Thursday, March 24, 2011

It is right to do so...

Sorry I missed my posting yesterday!  This has been another busy week!

Our Daily Bread
The devotional for today talks about praising God.  Seems simple, doesn't it?  It doesn't have to be difficult.  Just open your mouth or use your body or your talents to praise him.  Many people think that they can't praise God because they can't sing.  DOH!  Singing is not the only way to praise God!

Many years ago an author wrote a very popular book called The Power of Positive Thinking.  How much more positive can you get when you are praising God and being grateful for all the blessings in your life?  That is positive!

As humans, it is easy to focus on the things that aren't so positive.  You know what those things are for you.  For me, it is my weight, being single, my health, blah, blah, blah.  Those things are important, but being grateful and in a spirit of praise are much more important.  The positive attitude brings more good things your way than be a Bitter Betty!  heheheh

Lord, with a heart of gratefulness and praise, I want to live this day and every day for you.

Technology Thursday
Lots of press these days about new phones and about wireless carriers.

Phones
The major wireless phone carriers are all announcing 4G phones to take advantage of their 4G networks (the faster network technology) .  Verizon's first phone, the Thunderbolt is pretty cool.  It is an Android-based phone that is a little bigger than an iPhone.  I tried it at the Verizon store last week.  It is pretty cool.  Verizon plans to have their 4G network rolled out to all the major markets by the end of 2011.  We will see how that goes.

ATT released their first 4G phone, if they ever get their 4G network up and going.  ;-(  ATT is going to update their current 3G network to be faster then upgrade to the 4G capabilities.

Sprint and TMobile have both been offering 4G phones and 4G service for a while now.

Wireless Carriers
The big announcement this week was the ATT purchase of TMobile. If the regulators approve the purchase, ATT will become the largest wireless carrier in the US, surpassing Verizon.  Speculation is that Verizon will buy Sprint if the ATT deal goes through.  Is that really good for consumers or not?  We will see.

Other Stuff
My eyes are doing better.  I am having a physical on Monday to see if I can handle some health issues better. I might need to take a different blood pressure medicine.  I will see how that goes.  High blood pressure and high blood sugar can affect my eyes, so I need to keep both under tighter control.  I can always eat better.  ;-p

I attended the Illuminati rehearsal last night.  My singing voice is sooooooo out of shape!  I am singing second tenor since the need was greatest there.  I can sing most of the parts, but there are some that lay too high for me.  I let the other guys take care of those notes!  I enjoyed seeing my chorus friends again.

I scheduled a long weekend trip to San Diego the first weekend in May.  I used my free flight on Southwest to visit a new place.  I am staying in the Gaslamp district.  I want to see the San Diego Zoo.  I am sure there are some other things to do as well.  Woohooooo!

I am spending this evening at home getting the house straightened up after the dinner party on Tuesday.  I have a few other things to do as well.  I may need to work a little.  I will see how today goes.  I am trying to avoid working on Saturday.

Finally, it is amazing how God can deliver and heal us.  I am grateful and praise God for moving through some things that have tortured me for a few years now.  In some ways I wish things were different.  In most ways, I am glad they worked out the way they did.  God is so good.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment