Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You call that an answer?

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I said that many times in my prayers, talks and rants with God -- "You call that an answer?"  DOH!  Boy, do I have chutzpah!  It is difficult for us to see God's answers or to accept God's answers when we keep getting in the way of what God is trying to do!  I know I get in his way a lot when I try to accelerate some thing that I think is supposed to happen!  DOH!

The bottom line:  It is OK to question God in honest and open discussion.  We need to move on from the questioning to the trusting and believing.  I know.  I have been there a lot the past few months!  Trust.  Believe.  Have faith.  It is so much easier than doing things on your own or driving yourself crazy with silly scenarios of what could happen!  Not that I actually do that or anything...  ;-p

Lord, I want to have faith.  I want to trust in your plan.  It is the best thing for me!

Lifestyle Change Wednesday
I have abstained from eating popcorn for over a week now.  Woohooo!  I have been to four movies and a favorite pizza place with a popcorn popper.  Nary a kernel!  I can do this!

My weight is about the same.  Blah, blah, blah.

I will start riding my recumbent bike this week.  I have been walking a few times per week.  I am still taking it easy until my eye heals.

Other Stuff
I have two doctor appointments today.  Sinus infection again and my eye doctor checkup.  I will post how those go.

I was supposed to be off work today, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.  I have already had 10 emails this morning.  Darn it...

God does work in mysterious ways.  Yang needs my prayers right now.  I am sure he is feeling like Job.  I will do my best to be a friend to him even though he has not been the best kind of friend to me.

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment