Friday, March 25, 2011

Unqualified...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today spoke to me yet again.  It is about God not disqualify for his service due to our imperfection.  Thank God!  I know I am not perfect!

I have folks in my life that constantly bring up my relationship to God when I act in a way they do not think is appropriate.  I keep telling them that I am not perfect.  I do the best I can.  That is all any human can do.  It is no excuse for purposely hurting someone, but it is a reason that accidental hurt and transgressions can occur.  Life is too short to be mean!  hehehe

Lord, thank you for letting an imperfect man like me serve you!  I want to serve you better!

Foodie Friday
Here is a simple recipe for a game time snack! 

2 large jars of Frito Lay queso cheese dip.
1 pound chorizo sausage

Brown the chorizo sausage in a frying pan.  Drain all the grease off and pat dry on some paper towels.  Mix the sausage into the two jars of queso dip in a sauce pan and warm it up OR mix together in a crock pot.  Warm it up.  Dip tortilla chips or pita chips or your favorite bread into the dip.  Enjoy!


Other Stuff
My eyes are doing OK.  The left eye is healing nicely.  The right eye is blurry then clear then blurry, etc.  I will keep plugging away at taking care of myself.  I think I have enough energy now to further refine my eating habits.  I can do this...

I have a nice weekend planned.  I am visiting my family on Saturday, including a great aunt that is in a nursing home.  I found out about her last night when I spoke to my mother.  It will a nice surprise for me to stop by for a visit.  I will stop to see my aunt.  I will take my mother to a movie and dinner. 

I have my church dinner group on Sunday.  No new recipes this week.  I plan to take some frozen appetizers for our wine tasting event.  Very easy this month.  I am having the group over in April.  I am looking forward to that.

I learned some more things about myself last night during a conversation with a close friend.  He also learned some things about me.  Cool.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment