Friday, March 18, 2011

No one mourns the wicked...

Sorry I missed posting yesterday!

Our Daily Bread
It is human nature to want to see the wicked punished.  "No one mourns the wicked!" the musical says.  I usually want the wicked to get punished while they are still alive!  I am only human!

Then I thought - what if someone thinks I am wicked?  How should I be punished?  In this life and the next?  Was what I did really wicked or was it just misperceived?  My overactive mind took that last question to this one -- "Am I misperceiving the acts of others into something "wicked" because it is not what I want to happen?" I get so tired of thinking some times!  heheheh

The bottom line is this.  Do you best to be a Godly person.  That is all you can do.  Ask forgiveness from God when you sin.  Ask forgiveness from others when you sin against them.

Lord, I want to be like you.  I need more faith and strength!

Foodie Friday
Here is another appetizer from the Walnut Street Chancel Choir cookbook that I thought was cool.  Cashew Chicken balls.

Cashew Chicken Balls (Millie Goodman)
1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
2 tbs finely chopped mild sweet onion
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbs dry sherry
1/2 finely chopped cashews

Combine all the ingredients except for the nuts in a large bowl.  Use a teaspoon to scoop out amount to form balls.  Roll in cashews.  Chill.  Yields 20 appetizers.

Other Stuff
The eye doctor appointment on Wednesday did not go as planned.  My left eye is healing very nicely.  Woohoooo!  I mentioned to the doctor that my right eye was acting up a little bit.  He checked it and verified my fear.  There is something else going on with the right eye now.  He took some pictures of my eyes (I know where your mind was going...) and then had to do a minor laser surgery on the right eye.  I was very upset.  There is no blood.  There is some swelling in the eye around my field of vision.  This is a result of my diabetes.  This can happen if I take care of myself or not.  It is very frustrating...

I have been in movie mode the past two weeks.  Work, eat, movies.  Going to watch basketball games this weekend.

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment