Saturday, March 19, 2011

You have to put it on...

Our Daily Bread
I had a friend that had a well-placed ADT security systems sign in his front yard.  Any walking by house could see the sign and understand that his house was protected.  The funniest part is that he didn't even have the service turned on!  No protection at all!

We as Christians can do the same when it comes to the armor of God.  We know about it.  We read about it.  We know how it can help us be victors in our daily lives, but we don't have it on!

The devotional ends with this line:
God’s armor is tailor-made for you, but you must put it on.

Lord, I want to put on your armor so I can be a better follower of Christ!

Simply Saturday
I am in "watching movies" mode right now.  I don't want to think any big thoughts.  I am trying to take today off from work even though I have a ton of stuff to do.  Whew.  This will be my first full day off in two weeks if I stay away from my work laptop.  ;-(  I am stressed about work.  I am stressed about some personal relationship issues.  I am stressed about my health.

So what I am doing about it?  Movies!  hehehe.  I also received an email about an incredible deal on a 3G iPad2 from ATT.  Hmmmmm.  I try not to buy myself some happy, but this may be the time to do it...  I will think about it.

I am also spending time in prayer and thought away from my usual activities.  I am so fortunate to have close friends to talk with and pray with.  I have been evaluating some friendships lately, trying to push the folks that aren't healthy for me away to arms distance.  I have a tendency to hold those folks too close, expecting them to act differently with me than they do others.  I can't see the person for who they really are -- I see them as they could be.  Is that a fault?  Only when it leads me to unhealthy relationships with these folks.  I tell my walking buddy that we are NOT in charge of fixing people!  We can only love and support to the best of our ability without getting used and abused.  I can stand a lot and I have with some "friends".

God is so good to me.  Most of the bad stuff that happens to me is my own fault.  Disobedience.  Doing stuff on my own instead of being patient.  Not taking care of myself.  Being selfish, arrogant and prideful.  This apple wants to be an orange.  Apple = human.  Orange = Godly.  I will keep trying.  Keep pushing forward.

In all humility, I am a strong, formidable, resilient man who will overcome and conquer by the grace and power of our God and King.

I pray; the same for you.

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment