Monday, March 7, 2011

How can we really forget ourselves?

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today presented a small conflict to me at first.  How can we really forget ourselves if we are supposed to treat others like we want to be treated?  Don't we have to know how we want to be treated before we can treat others the same way?  Am I missing something?

Well, yes I am!  hehehe  The example in the devotional finally struck me -- listening to a friend who needs to talk out a problem.  Have you been in this scenario (like me)?  You are sort of listening, sort of checking your watch because Glee comes on in thirty minutes and you forgot to set the DVR, and then it hits you.  You have no idea what the friend is talking about when he asks your opinion or advice?  Yikes!  DOH!  You can't really say "Uh, excuse me, could you repeat what you just said?"  Oh no!!!  I can't imagine having a god like that.  A god that sort of pays attention, but not really catching the important parts of my life!

Lord, I want to be a better friend.  A friend that listens without putting myself first in the conversation!

Movie Monday
I went to see The King's Speech last week.  Wow!  I thought it deserved the Best Picture Oscar award for sure!  I liked the story.  I loved the acting.  I loved the way it was put together.  Very nice.  The only odd thing to me was all the actors from the Harry Potter movies that showed up in this movie!  hehehe  It was a little distracting to me!  hehehe

I give this movie 4 bear paws.  Very impressive.

Other Stuff
My left eye is doing MUCH better this weekend!  Woohoooo!  I was able to read some license plate numbers while driving this weekend.  I am very thankful.  It will take another month or two for it to completely heal.

Fly bear felt a lot better Sunday afternoon.  We went to lunch after church and had a nice afternoon of talking and hanging out.  I worked on cleaning my house throughout the day.  It needed some cleaning and dusting!

I have the second installation of my small group class tonight.  I will write about it in my Tuesday blog entry.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment